Power BI Master Class - Data Modeling and DAX Formulas
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 15 articles
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Have a comprehensive understanding of creating data models and developing DAX formulas in Microsoft Power BI
Enjoy clear and concise step by step instruction from a best selling Udemy Instructor
Students will be prepared for the data modeling module of the Microsoft Exam 70-778 Analyzing and Visualizing Data by Using Microsoft Power BI
- Create calculated fields and calculated measures using DAX in Power BI
- Perform sophisticated calculations such as Time Intelligence, Filtered Data and Creating Calculated Tables
- Create relationships between tables of data
- You will require Power BI desktop and access to the Power BI Service on the Internet
- You should be able to work with data in Excel and do basic reporting
**** Life time access to course materials and practice activities. 100% money back guarantee ****
This course is presented by Ian Littlejohn - who with over 23000 students is one of the most popular instructors on Udemy. Ian provides world leading courses on Excel, Power Pivot, Power BI and Google Data Studio.
Skills in data analysis, reporting and the creation of dashboards are highly valued in today's business environment. Microsoft Power BI is now recognized as the leading Business Intelligence tool in the world for the development of reports, data analysis and dashboards.
Please note that this course is the second course in a series of three courses for the Power BI Master Class that cover the key outcomes of the Exam 70-778.
Course 1 - Consume and Transform Data
Course 2 - Data Modeling and DAX Formulas
Course 3 - Visualizations and The Power BI Service
Ian Littlejohn is a professional trainer and consultant. Ian has been working and training users on Microsoft Power BI since the release of Power BI. In this series of courses Ian teaches and prepares users for the Microsoft Exam 70-778 Analyzing and Visualizing Data by using Microsoft Power BI.
The Microsoft MCSA BI Reporting is a valuable certification for every Excel and Power BI user. The certification consists of two exams. Exam 70-778 Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Power BI and Exam 70-779 Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Excel. Ian has created a series of courses that will assist all users to prepare for these exams.
Even, if you are not preparing for the exam you will find these courses a valuable resource to learn the most important and powerful features of Microsoft Power BI.
In this second course - Data Modelling and DAX Formulas using Microsoft Power BI Desktop we will cover:
Introduction and Course Content
Creating Calculated Columns - Basic calculations, using date fields and date tables
Creating Measures - Aggregation measures, the =Calculate formula, the All and AllExcept formula, Calculated Tables and Time Intelligence
Creating Relationships between tables and using relationship calculations
Using KPIs visualizations in the data model
Creating and using hierarchies
We look forward to having you on our course as we learn and explore the incredible power of Microsoft Power BI.
- Excel users who want to learn how to create professional reports in Power BI
- Learners who want to prepare themselves for Microsoft Exam 70-778 Analyzing and Visualizing Data by Using Microsoft Power BI
In this lesson we cover how to create calculated columns within the Power BI data model.