Power BI Master Class - Consume and Transform Data
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 7 articles
- 17 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Have a comprehensive understanding of connecting and transforming data using Microsoft Power BI
Students will be prepared for the first module of the Microsoft Exam 70-778 Analyzing and Visualizing Data by Using Microsoft Power BI
Enjoy clear and concise step by step instruction from a best selling Udemy instructor
- Load data into Power BI from a multitude of different sources including SQL Server, Excel, CSV, JSON, XML and SQL Analysis Services
- Perform basic transformations such as filtering, changing data types, remove columns and creating new calculated columns
- Perform advanced transformations such as Merging, Appending, Unpivoting, Grouping and Calculating Custom Columns
- Learn to clean data and load data using parameters
- You will require Power BI desktop and access to the Power BI Service on the Internet
- You should be able to work with data in Excel and do basic reporting
**** Life time access to course materials and practice activities. 100% money back guarantee ****
This course is presented by Ian Littlejohn - who with over 23000 students is one of the most popular instructors on Udemy. Ian provides world leading courses on Excel, Power Pivot, Power BI and Google Data Studio.
Skills in data analysis, reporting and the creation of dashboards are highly valued in today's business environment. Microsoft Power BI is now recognized as the leading Business Intelligence tool in the world for the development of reports, data analysis and dashboards.
Please note that this course is the first course in a series of three courses for the Power BI Master Class that cover the key outcomes of the Exam 70-778.
Course 1 - Consume and Transform Data
Course 2 - Data Modelling and DAX Formulas
Course 3 - The Power BI Service
Ian Littlejohn is a professional trainer and consultant. Ian has been working and training users on Microsoft Power BI since the release of Power BI. In this series of courses Ian teaches and prepares users for the Microsoft Exam 70-778 Analyzing and Visualizing Data by using Microsoft Power BI.
The Microsoft MCSA BI Reporting is a valuable certification for every Excel and Power BI user. The certification consists of two exams. Exam 70-778 Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Power BI and Exam 70-779 Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Excel. Ian has created a series of courses that will assist all users to prepare for these exams.
Even, if you are not preparing for the exam you will find these courses a valuable resource to learn the most important and powerful features of Microsoft Power BI.
In this first course - Consuming and Transforming Data using Microsoft Power BI Desktop we will cover:
Introduction and Course Content
Connecting to Data Sources - Learn how to connect and access data from a variety of different data sources including, files, databases, web URL, SQL Analysis Services and Big Data
Basic Data Transformations - Learn about filtering data, changing data types, adding new columns and removing columns
Advanced Data Transformations - Merging data into one table, Appending data, Unpivoting data, Grouping data, conditional rules and custom fields
Data Cleansing - Techniques and skills to clean up your data
We look forward to having you on our course as we learn and explore the incredible power of Microsoft Power BI.
- Excel users who want to learn how to create professional reports in Power BI
- Learners who want to prepare themselves for Microsoft Exam 70-778 Analyzing and Visualizing Data by Using Microsoft Power BI
- Learners who want to learn Microsoft Power BI
Learn how to sign up for the Power BI Service and the download the Power BI Desktop.