- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 12 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will learn how to take better portraits with any camera.
Take better photos with your smartphone.
Learn 6 tips for improving your portrait photography.
- Edit your portraits to make them look stunning.
- Choose a better background and compose your subject.
- Feel confident interacting and posing your subject.
- While there are no requirements, we do recommend knowing your basic photography skills.
- You would benefit from knowing how your camera settings work (like aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and white balance).
- Learn the basics before taking this course with our Photography Masterclass.
Welcome to the complete Portrait Photography for Beginners course!
We are so excited to help you take better portraits. If you're a relatively new photographer, this is the perfect portrait photography course to help you with this new skill!
You'll learn everything you need to know to take better portraits with any camera - DSLR, mirrorless, smartphone, or point-and-shoot.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN:
Start with our 6 tips to photographing better portraits:
- Choose a better background and compose your shot
- Lighting your portraits
- Properly and creatively expose your photo
- Play with depth of field
- Think about colors
- Interacting and posing your subject
You'll learn portrait photography with real world demonstrations!
Join Will Carnahan, professional photographer and instructor, in a full demonstration to see how you can use our 6 tips in real life.
Learn how to edit your portraits to look even better!
Use free and professional photo editing apps on your phone, tablet, or computer. You'll learn how to use different apps to professionally make your portraits look even better.
Share your photos on social media!
Get modern tips for sharing your photos on Instagram and Facebook. Use these tips to advance your professional photography career - if that's what your goal is!
- Downloadable photos to practice editing with
- Tips for how to shoot weddings, headshots, and family portraits
- Premium support from your instructors
WHY TAKE THIS COURES FROM US:
So, why should take this course from us? There are plenty of portrait photography courses to choose from. But we believe that we've created a course that can truly help you take better portraits in less time.
Video School Online has created some of the best selling online photography courses, and we always strive to help you learn new skills in a fun and engaging way!
Lastly, we have a 30-day 100% money back guarantee! Try out this course, and see if you like it. There's absolutely no risk!
We can't wait to see you in the course!
- Beginners and people looking to up their skills and take better portraits.
Welcome to the course, get to know your teacher and the curriculum ahead. While knowing a little bit about photography always helps this class is for pros and beginners alike. We want to bring all our knowledge to you, so you can walk away taking better photos!
In this video Will intros the key elements that will make your photos better. While we will dive into each of them later on, its always good to keep these elements in mind before you start shooting: Composition and backgrounds, Lighting, Exposure, depth of field, color, and posing.
There are many different cameras out there. In this video we will talk about the differences between the most popular types of cameras and talk about why the best camera is the one you have with you. We also talk about the difference between a smart phone and spending the extra cash on an interchangeable lens camera.
In this lecture will talks about the first steps to setting up your portrait. He covers basic composing the shot and setting up the best background.