Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship
- 5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Monetize your passion for photography with photographic services, products, or information.
Stand out as a unique photographer in today’s over-saturated digital world.
Increase the number of followers on your website, blog, Instagram, Facebook, and email newsletter.
- Effectively market and brand yourself as a photographer, and start getting clients with your website, blog, or social media platform.
- Make your own business plan and identify your unique strengths and skills as a photographer through mind-mapping and cross-pollination.
- Teach your own profitable photography workshops or courses.
- Create compelling content to increase your ranking on Google with effective SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Strategies.
- Being proficient in digital photography (e.g. framing and composing a scene, adjusting exposure, aperture, ISO settings, etc) will help you succeed in this course.
- You are passionate about photography and have a collection of photographs you want to curate to discover your unique style as well as share these photographs with others.
- This course will help you discover your strengths as a photographer. This course can help you discover what your style or unique voice is.
- No prior knowledge of business or marketing required. It is not necessary to have a large following or own an expensive camera.
If you want to monetize your passion for photography, discover your unique voice, and build a loyal following, this course is for you! The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship will teach you the fundamentals of branding, social media marketing, and monetization strategy so that you can turn your passion for photography into a profitable business.
In this unique course, you will learn how to:
- Build a loyal following of “true fans” who will support you and purchase your products and services
- Stand out as a unique voice and create your own personal brand and personality to “meaningfully differentiate” yourself from the competition
- Create a photography business plan and identify your income and expenses, in order to create a thriving and profitable photography business
- Discover your strengths and talents by cross-pollinating them in your own mind-map.
- Build your own photography website and platform, and master the fundamentals of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to dominate your niche on Google.
In a world over-saturated with photographers, how can you stand out? What are the pitfalls that beginner entrepreneurs need to avoid in photography? Why should you never work for free, and why must you charge premium prices for your services? How can you learn to stomach risk in order to create strong profits while also thriving creatively as a photographer?
In The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship you will build the essential online marketing platforms for photography, including your own website and blog, your Facebook fan page, your Instagram account, your YouTube channel, as well as your own email newsletter. You will learn how to create compelling content, increase your reach and influence, and leverage productivity hacks to stay focused and productive.
In this course you will also master:
- Content marketing to drive massive traffic to your website/blog
- Photography monetization strategies and figuring out which path works for you
- Specializing in your photography niche to maximize your profits
- Overcoming self-doubt and maximizing your creative output
- Leveraging scarcity to create value as a photographer
- Creative intuition and following your own gut in business and life
- Defining success for yourself and tracking your progress
There a few online courses on photography entrepreneurship, but there are no other courses as engaging, interactive, and practical as this one in successfully monetizing your passion into a living. There are so many myths online about photography entrepreneurship: this course will help you steer clear of false strategies that prevent you from creating your own profitable photography business. Not only will this course cover the practical strategies around photography monetization, marketing, and branding, but it will also cover the mental skills and toolkit you need to overcome self-doubt, insecurity, and fear in order to thrive as a photography entrepreneur in today’s hostile online climate.
It would be an honor to be your personal guide and mentor in photography entrepreneurship. Don’t miss your unique opportunity to live out your dreams as a photographer, and shoot for the moon!
Excited to have you in the course. See you inside.
- Intermediate to advanced photographers who desire to increase their social reach and influence, learn branding and marketing strategies to stand out, and build and increase their earnings in photography.
- Photographers who want to monetize their passion for photography and make a full-time living or additional side-income from photography.
- Photographers who want to monetize their passion, build additional income streams, or make a full-time living from photography.
- Passionate photographers who desire to build a loyal following and gain more exposure for their work.
- Non-tech savvy photographers who want to learn the fundamentals of social media, blogging, and email marketing to best promote their work.
- Photographers who want to build more self-confidence to promote themselves and share their work.
If you're a passionate photographer who wants to monetize your passion, stand out, and brand and market yourself-- this course is perfect for you! This course will help empower you with timeless entrepreneurship principles to stand out in today's brave new world of photography (where everyone is a photographer).
What is entrepreneurship? How do we learn how to take risks to create value for yourself and society? How can you use your skills in a novel way to empower others, and monetize your passion in photography? In this video we will cover the motivations behind photography entrepreneurship.
There is more than one path in photography entrepreneurship. In this video I share how I (Eric Kim) became a photography entrepreneurship, the myths of entrepreneurship, and advice I wish I could give myself (if I started all over again).
In this video I will give you an overview of all the essential online marketing platforms for photography: which are worth investing your time in in order for you to best increase your reach and influence in photography.
If you desire to stand out as a photographer, you must own your own platform and website. In this detailed video, I will show you how you can create your own photography website from scratch using 1and1.com, wordpress.org, and the Genesis Theme/Framework.
What are the myths of entrepreneurship? Why is "passive income" a dangerous concept? How can I succeed as a photography entrepreneur in today's over-saturated world? In this video, I will cover the fundamentals of standing out as a photographer.
There are many different ways you can monetize your photography, and so many different sub-genres of photography. How can you effectively monetize your own niche in photography? The solution is to create your own category. In this video I will teach you how to create your own category.
The best way to get free marketing for yourself is through content marketing-- leveraging the power of Google to increase your search results. In this section we will cover the fundamentals of SEO (Search Engine Marketing), and how you can create great content to build a loyal following.
What is blogging, and how can we create content which builds trust and compels our followers to book our services or purchase our products? In this video I cover tips and techniques on how to be a more productive and prolific blogger.
You must be a personality in order to stand out and in order to succeed as a modern photography entrepreneur. What makes you unique? This video will give you some motivational ideas on how to have the confidence in your own unique voice and vision.
What are the best strategies we can utilize on social media (Instagram, Facebook, etc) to build influence and a following? In this video we will cover the fundamentals of how to build an emotional connection with your followers and to increase your reach.
One of the best ways to sell yourself and services is through an email newsletter. What are the best ways to design, customize, and send a newsletter, and what time is ideal? We cover the fundamentals of email newsletter strategies in this video.
We cannot make a living as a photographer without money. Money is the lifeblood which helps us pay our rent, expenses, and continue our passion for photography. In this section (the meat and potatoes of our course) will cover the practical and philosophical fundamentals of monetization in photography entrepreneurship.
In today's brave new world of photography, there are many innovative ways you can effectively monetize your photography. In this video I will give you practical ideas on how to make a profitable photography business, as well as giving you new ideas how to make money from your passion in photography.
Your labor is not free as a photographer. Don't get suckered into doing free photography work for "exposure" or to "build your portfolio". This video will teach you why working for free is one of the worst things you can do as a photography entrepreneur.
If you want to succeed starting off as a photography entrepreneur, you must specialize and get very good at one thing. If you're too general of a photographer, you will fail to gain the critical mass to make a thriving photography business. How can you specialize? This video will teach you how.
One of the best ways to increase our profits is to decrease our expenses. What are superfluous expenses we can cut from our business, and what are poor investments we should avoid? In this video, you will learn how to become a more profitable photographer.
In today's world, it is difficult to overcome distraction in order to focus and produce. In this section, I will cover my best personal productivity hacks, in order for you to create massive value as a photographer, and in order for you to overcome indecision.
What is the creative friction that gets in our way? What causes "paralysis by analysis" when it comes to making decisions? In this video you will learn how you can JUST DO IT to overcome any indecision in your photography entrepreneurship.
Productivity for the sake of productivity isn't the best use of your energy or time. Which 20% of your activities create 80% of your value? This video will teach you how you can identify your strengths, and focus on best leveraging your talents to create the maximum amount of value as an entrepreneur.
How do you stay motivated as a photography entrepreneur when you're hustling hard, yet not seeing the rewards? This video will teach you to build a bulletproof mindset to continue to produce, regardless of any self-doubts you might have in yourself.
One of the best productivity hacks is music. How can you create a playlist that will get you in the productive mood? This activity will give you the opportunity to curate your own unique playlist, to always keep you pumped up.