Getting Started With Fundraising For New or Small Nonprofits
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- describe the typical funding streams in nonprofit organizations and the benefits and pitfalls of each
describe the components that must be in place before a nonprofit begins soliciting donations
articulate the importance of knowing and following nonprofit regulations
- describe why a nonprofit's fundraising infrastructure must include a solid Board of Directors
- articulate the need for good record-keeping and donor tracking from the beginning
- define transparency and understand the role it plays in nonprofit funding
- begin planning for fundraising action in your own organization
- This is an introductory course with no prerequisites.
"Every new Development professional should take this class on their first day on the job." Janene Amick, Executive Director, Manatee Performing Arts Center
You need to raise money for your nonprofit organization. Where do you start? How will you know where to spend your time to raise the most dollars?
This class covers the main types of funding streams you may see in a typical nonprofit. But it also covers the things you need to do BEFORE you start asking for money. Should you found a new organization or partner with one that already exists?
You will learn how to establish a solid fundraising infrastructure on which you can build a well-planned, efficient, and effective fundraising program.
Your nonprofit deserves the best! Don't just go with a try-it-and-see approach and hope that you can raise enough money. Start out the right way, and bring in the dollars to your nonprofit.
- development professionals
- anyone interested in nonprofit fundraising
- new nonprofit CEOs/Executive Directors
- nonprofit board members and volunteers
- anyone pursuing CFRE credits