Organic chemistry demystified : 12H course + solved problems
- 12.5 hours on-demand video
- 60 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn how to read and draw organic molecules
Learn how to draw resonance structures
Learn how to assess stability of acids and bases
- Learn the geometry of orbitals and how to draw molecules in 3D
- Master the nomenclature of organic compounds
- Master Newman projections
- Master chair conformations
- Master configuration (cis/trans, E/Z, R/S stereocenters, enantiomers, diastereomers, meso compounds...)
- Master Fischer projections
- Learn how to identify nucleophiles and electrophiles and assess their respective strength
- Learn how to assess carbocation stability
- Master SN1 and SN2 substitution mechanisms
- Master E1 and E2 elimination mechanisms
- Learn how to predict in the most accurate way which mechanism(s) are involved and which products are major/minor when SN1, SN2, E1 and E2 are competing
- Master addition mechanisms
- Learn how to predict regiochemical and stereochemical outcomes for SN1, SN2, E1, E2 and all addition reactions covered in this course
- Learn "Markovnikov", "anti-Markovnikov", "syn" and "anti" addition reactions
- Master synthesis technique by combining SN1, SN2, E1, E2 and addition reactions
- And much more...
- Basics of organic and general chemistry
This 12h material is the first part of the "ORGANIC CHEMISTRY DEMYSTIFIED" course.
This course was undertaken to give you a clear view of organic chemistry through detailed examples and provides numerous problems with their solution.
You can use this course as a review for taking exams or as a vehicle for self-instruction.
My primary goal is to help you focus on understanding basics and concepts of organic chemistry rather than memorizing.
It is my hope that this course, through its careful explanations of concepts and its use of numerous practical examples, helps you develop the necessary skills to bridge the gap between knowledge and the confidence to do well in your exams (in case you are a student) or in your professional career.
What makes me qualified to teach you :
I hold a chemical engineering degree from the "Ecole Nationale Supérieur de Chimie de Paris, Chimie ParisTech", one of the top tier chemical engineering schools in Europe.
I have been studying organic chemistry for 5 years and for the last 10 years I have been working as a chemical engineer in the petrochemical industry where I have been dealing with all sort of chemical topics and many of them were related to organic chemistry.
My Promise to You :
I am an active online teacher and I will be here for you every step of the way. If you have any questions about the course content or anything related to this topic, you can always post your questions or send me a private message. It will be my pleasure to provide assistance and answer your questions.
What I expect from you :
1. If you have any suggestion to help improve the quality of this material, then please let me know. I will do my best to take it into account.
2. If the course meets your expectation, then I would kindly ask you to leave a honest review in line with what you have experienced.
3. If you are interested in other topics related to chemical engineering and would like a training course on them, built the way this current course is, then please let me know.
So that you are aware, we are in the process of building the following courses :
General inorganic chemistry
IR and NMR spectroscopies
Crude oil refining
Overview of the petrochemical industry 1/2 : Steam crackers
Overview of the petrochemical industry 2/2 : Making polymers (PE, PP, PS, PVC)
Logistics of crude oil, petroleum products and chemicals : Transport and despatch
Storage of petroleum, chemicals and LPG
Oil and Gas : History, markets, pricing, economics and petroleum products
Distillation, absorption and stripping : Engineering basics and equipment
Heat transfer technologies : Process furnaces and heat exchangers
Rotating equipment basics 1/4 : Centrifugal pumps
Rotating equipment basics 2/4 : Positive displacement pumps
Rotating equipment basics 3/4 : Centrifugal compressors
Rotating equipment basics 4/4 : Reciprocating compressors
Valves and piping in the Oil and Gas
Fundamentals of process control used in industrial plants
Process instruments used in industrial plants
and much more...
Finally, I can ensure you with confidence that this course is by far the best and most complete organic chemistry course available online.
So what do you say ? ready to dive in ? Sign up today and get immediate lifetime access to over 12 hours of high quality video content, downloadable problem booklet with over 400 pages and one-on-one instructor support, all backed by 30 days 100% guarantee
Spread the wings of your knowledge
- Current organic chemistry students, or students about to start organic chemistry who are looking to get ahead
- Homeschool parents looking for extra support with organic chemistry
- Chemical engineers
- Professionals working in chemical, petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, oil and gas industries
- Anyone who seeks to broaden the sphere of his knowledge and discover the fascinating world of organic chemistry
- Anyone who wants to study organic chemistry for fun after being away from university for a while