Oracle RMAN or recovery manager is one of best tools which helps a DBA both in terms of database backups and database recovery. This course is primarly for students who would like to master different types of Oracle database backups, configure db full backup, configure incremental backups, schedule backups to run via crontab and more.
The advanced backup and recovery course is designed to make students master Oracle database backup and recovery strategies. As a DBA, the primary job is to have proper database backups. If you do not have database backups in place, it will not be possible to recovery database.
With this course, you would be able to master advanced RMAN backups, perform high level database recoveries, schedule database backups, monitor database backups and protect your database against any type of data loss.
Having more than 11+ years of Oracle Architect experience, I am passionate to teach people "Oracle Database Administration" on various versions like 10g, 11g & 12c. My experience goes below:
1. Experience in cloning using cold backup, hot backup, RMAN and DBCA for Small to Large Databases.
2. Experience in Dataguard implementation and maintenance: Both Physical & Logical standby.
3. Experience in applying database patches using OPatch
4. Performed several database upgrades & migrations
5. Monitoring and Tuning database performance using Enterprise Manager, Scripts
6. Proficient in DBA utilities like RMAN, OEM, SQL* Loader, Export/Import, Data pump, Backup and Recovery.
7. Experience in creating, managing databases, tablespace, users, profile and schema.
8. Oracle database 10g, 11g, 12c Installation on Unix/Linux/Windows environment
9. Database creation and management of database objects and schemas.
10. Good experience in managing Oracle 10g & 11g RAC environments.