Online Teaching Live Lesson Strategies For Teachers & Tutors
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 10 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Double or even triple what you are earning right now and finally keep 100% of your income because you are independent
Cut over 10 different time leaks in your business, such as scheduling, lesson arranging, preparation and cancellations
Use free and easy online tools to deliver outstanding online lessons
- Run your own independent tutoring business and work from anywhere
- Get paid faster with a clear payment system and T&Cs
- No online teaching experience required, the course takes you through all technology options
- You should have a strong desire to share your skills and knowledge in online lessons
This course covers software tips, business strategies and marketing techniques to help online teachers boost their income and cut out the most common wastes of time and money.
Deliver amazing online lessons to paying students around the world
In this course, I am going to show you:
- How to deliver outstanding 1-to-1 online lessons with the perfect materials, no matter if you find them online or offline
- Exactly how to find the right tools for free so you spend as much time as possible teaching and getting paid
- A system for recruiting new customers so you will never have complaints, hassle and frustrations with students again (yes, contracts!!)
Online training is one of the fastest growing and most fascinating industries in the 21st century economy. From CEOs to five-year-olds, the world is catching on to online lessons and you have the chance to break free and become a teacher on the cutting edge of technology.
- You will be able to work from anywhere
- You'll get to make meaningful connections with students around the world
- You'll get to teach your favourite topics whenever you want
- You'll work independently: No boss, no set hours, no earning limit
You don't want to waste 50% of your earnings by giving them to a tutoring agency. You don't want to be told how and what to teach. In this course, I will take you through my tried-and-tested processes to help you build a business that works for you.
Start by discovering key tools and how online teachers can use them: Skype, Evernote, Google Docs and many more are FREE and at your fingertips. I will discuss my own set-up to help you build your teaching system without a penny of investment.
In the next section, you'll discover how to stand out as a professional teacher and eliminate cheapskate or timewasting students. Learn how to write terms and conditions that help students be happy, not angry. And discover my 5 Step Booking Process so your students will always turn up and pay you.
Finally, the Marketing Section of this course will give invaluable tips on how to set your prices, how to promote yourself and what an online teacher's brand really means.
Here's what my real students say:
I am extremely pleased with Kerstin as a tutor. We use FaceTime and Google Docs (and occasionally Skype when FaceTime is uncooperative) to communicate between Lancaster, England, and Houston, Texas. I am learning and making progress and I am excited about it!
If you would also love testimonials like this one, then don't hesitate and discover my Online Teaching Tricks today.
I promise you will become more productive, more confident and more profitable in just a few days -- or your money back!
- Teachers and private tutors starting out in online teaching
- Online teachers setting out on the path of independence
- Experts and fanboys and polyglots who want to share what they love
Welcome to this course, helping you to save lots of time, teach happier and earn more money online through simply sharing what you know. In this lecture, you'll get to know the course structure and learn why online teaching is awesome.
If you have not started teaching online yet, then start here. These five questions are designed to get you thinking about how you can get started quickly and earn money the right way.
This infographic will help you get a deeper understanding of the five important questions I covered in the previous video. Don't forget to post YOUR answers in the discussion here on Udemy.
Online teaching doesn't mean that you can never use offline materials. Here are some ideas on how to introduce good text books and have them serve you and your students.
Work through the lecture introducing video chat tools, and consider the different devices and media skills that you can use to liven up your lessons. In the following worksheet, I will give you some suggestions of useful tools you can use to work with your students. Choose your favourite as your Plan A, then make notes about how you will create that all-important Plan B.
The “Always have a Plan B” worksheet
You need a Plan B because:
• Skype might be having a bad day
• Your computer might crash
• Your student might be using a set-up you're not familiar with
• Thousands of unexpected problems might appear at any time
Print out this worksheet or save it on your computer and complete columns 2 and 3 to make sure you are fully prepared for all eventualities.
This lecture increases a simple and reliable five step process to guide you from student enquiry all the way through to setting up a regular timeslot. Check out the sample booking form in the external resources section, which you can use as an inspiration to build your own.