- 6.5 hours on-demand video
- 14 articles
- 49 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build server-side-rendered single-page-applications (SPAs)
Build normal, optimized SPAs with minimal effort
Generate a static webpage from Vuejs code
Let me welcome you to this course and walk you through it and what you'll learn :)
So what is Nuxt.js? What does it add to Vue.js? Let's take a closer look and set these basics in this lecture.
Server-side-rendering is one of the core assets Nuxt.js adds to Vue development. But what does that actually mean, what is it about?
Nuxt.js is not are only way of rendering Vue apps on the server-side. Let's take a closer look at the alternative and why Nuxt wins.
We created our first Nuxt app and saw it in action. But what did we actually create? Time to take a closer look at the folder structure.
With the app created and analyzed - let's explore which possible app types we can build with Nuxt in general!
Now that we saw Nuxt in action, let me give you a detailed walkthrough of the course content.
I want you to succeed in this course, here's how you will :)
- Vuejs knowledge is required, though you don't need to be an expert at all
- That's actually all, you'll learn the rest in the course :)
Nuxt.js takes it to the next level!
It's a library for Vue.js (kind of a "framework for a framework") and it adds two major things to Vue.js:
- Server-side-rendering of your Vue app out of the box
- Easy Vue app configuration via folders and files
You'll of course learn all the details in this course but the most important takeaway is that Nuxt.js makes the creation of better, more optimized and more capable Vue apps much easier - and all of that whilst adding pretty much no overhead.
In this course, I'll teach you how to create Nuxt/ Vue apps from scratch! We'll build an entire course project and dive into the core features Nuxt.js offers.
By the end of the course, you'll have a complete Vue app, built with Nuxt.js, which can be rendered on the server (or as a static website!) and which is highly optimized.
The course will teach you ...
- ... what Nuxt.js exactly is and how it's connected to Vue.js
- ... how you use Nuxt.js to build better Vue apps
- ... everything you need to know about the "configure via folders & files" approach taken by Nuxt
- ... different build possibilities like SSR apps, SPAs or a static webpage
- ... how you build an entire project, including authentication, via Nuxt.js
- And way more!
Who am I?
My name is Maximilian Schwarzmüller and I built my company's (Academind) webpage with Nuxt.js.
Besides that, I'm the instructor of the 5* rated, bestselling Vue.js course here on Udemy. I worked with Vue since it's beta, the same is true for Nuxt.js.
I absolutely love these two frameworks and I can't wait to dive into them together with you!
- Anyone who wants to build engaging, (optionally) server-side-rendered Vue JS apps
- Anyone who wants to work with Vuejs and follow a minimal-configuration approach
- Anyone who wants to create static websites with Vuejs (Nuxt as a static page generator!)