Learn Mathematica Now
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 15 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- This course is a friendly introduction to the Wolfram Language and programming in Mathematica
Use many of the inbuilt Wolfram Language functions
- Solve algebraic equations
- Solve linear algebra problems
- Easily compute solutions to differentiation and integration
- Write functions to enhance the use of the Wolfram Language
- Import and manipulate data
- Graph plots
Welcome to this course in using Mathematica to code in the Wolfram Language. You are taking a truly empowering step.
Each section will have some files for you to download. One is a practice file and the other is the actual file that was created during the recording. If you have a desktop version of Mathematica, open either of these directly, or if you are using Mathematica in the cloud, upload it to your Home directory and open it from there.
All of our time will be spent in the Mathematica coding environment, called the notebook. In this video you will get your first view of the notebook.
- This course assumes that the student has access to a computer with an internet connection. The coding environment is Mathematica, which can be installed as a purchased product or free of charge as a web service that runs in the browser. The course deals with mathematical computing and some knowledge of basic algebra and calculus will be of help.
- No prior knowledge of computer programming is required.
- Familiarity with basic concepts in algebra and calculus is helpful
This course is an introduction to the Wolfram Language using Mathematica. In today's computer age, the ability to write code is becoming just as important as reading and writing. From doing scientific work to manipulating data and creating applications and web resources, computer coding is everywhere.
The Wolfram Language is an ideal candidate for your first language. Even if you are seasoned in other languages, it is worthwhile to take a look at this powerful yet easy to learn language. The structure of the language is such that once you understand a few basics, it becomes almost intuitive to guess at what new code should look like without having to explicitly learn it. This sets it apart from so many other languages.
The Wolfram Language is also unique in that it gives you access to information right inside of the coding environment. It makes knowledge computable. Through the Wolfram Language you will have access to an enormous amount of data and knowledge.
You can purchase a subscription to Mathematica or Woflram|One or use it free of charge in your browser.
Come and join the rest of use and take your first steps into a new world.
- This course is for anyone who is interested in learning a modern, fully capable, computer language. The Wolfram Language is an ideal candidate language for those interested in scientific, financial, and mathematical computing.
- The use of the Wolfram Language is pervasive in the fields of physics, engineering, biology, data science, healthcare, financing and economics, mathematics, and many more.