Mastering Go Programming
- 20 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Apply modern software design patterns utilizing the Go language
Take a deep dive into Go’s master topics like advanced concurrency patterns, and the flexible reflection capabilities
Write unit tests and benchmarks for your Go code
- Create advanced backend microservices for the Hydra spaceship software and design an end to end chat system
- Handle JSON, XML, and CSV data formats in your code
- Interact with Mongodb, MySQL and BoltDB
- Build powerful communications layer for your microservices using protocol buffers, TCP, and UDP
- Develop powerful web applications and Restful APIs utilizing http requests, forms, and cookies
- Design beautiful dynamic UI for the hydra software utilizing Go templates and websockets
- Secure your applications with certificates, https, and secure web sockets
The aim of the video is explain Go’s packages, functions, and variables from an advanced point of view. We will do that by building up the concepts from easy to difficult.
Slices are confusing in Go, the aim of this video is to cover practical aspects of the topic.
The aim of this video is to cover how to lock concurrent Go in code using the sync package.
The aim of this video is to cover Go’s support for the TCP protocol.
- With a focus on hands-on exercises, this video course is a step-by-step approach to take your Go skills to the next level and create an application all by yourself.
Go has moved from the state of tentative to mass adoption. Its C-like speed, simplicity, and power for a growing number of systems level programming domains make it an attractive option for programmers working with older cumbersome, statically typed languages. Golang has entered the space as an entirely viable language for accomplishing a huge array of low level programming and service infrastructure tasks.
This video course not only gives you a deep insight into the fundamental mechanics behind the language, but also covers extensive practical topics on Go for modern software architectures. It shows you how to write Go in an intelligent, idiomatic way. After a brief re-acquaintance with the key building blocks of Go, we will also explore how we can build upon the unique capabilities of the language to write effective, powerful code you can employ to develop software. We look at packages, object-oriented programming, concurrency and reflection among other things. Moreover, you will learn about Go’s awesome built-in testing support feature. Along the way, build your skills in File handling techniques, Go packages for databases, data serialization approaches, message communications between Go services, and Go web applications. Get your hands on with a plenty of illustrative code samples, exercises and real-world scenarios that will help you build your own application.
By the end of this course, you will be taught how to put this enhanced knowledge to build a real-world Spaceship application all by yourself with amazing features.
About The Author
Mina Andrawos is an experienced Engineer who has developed deep experience in Go from using it personally and professionally. He regularly authors articles and tutorials about the language, and also shares Go’s open source projects. He has written numerous Go applications with varying degrees of complexity. He is also the author of an upcoming course for Packt called “Go in Production”.
Other than Go, he has skills in C#, Java, Python, and C++. He has worked with various databases and software architectures and has skills with the agile methodology in software development. Besides software development; he has working experience of scrum mastering, sales engineering, and software product management.