Master the MEAN Stack - Learn By Example
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 39 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build a Full-Stack Web Application
Create CRUD Operations
Build RESTful API's
- Upload Files Using both Angular and Node.js
- Scrape Data from Pinterest
- Add Infinite Scrolling to an Application
- Add a Comment Area
- Create Mongoose Schemas
- Send Alerts and add View Animations
We'll introduce the Daftmonk Angular full stack generator and what parts we're using in our application. And then we discuss the dependencies that will be included in this project.
An explanation of the app.js file and contents of the config folder.
In this video we'll cover how the code works in the angular part of our app.
In this section we'll be building our scraping functionality. The app we're building allows users to add Looks with an image, title and description. They'll be able to do so either by adding a Link from Pinterest or by Uploading an image from a local file.
Add backend logic to download and save a scraped Pinterest image to our Look model.
Add CSS and HTML files. Take a first look at ng-file-upload and Multer. Use NPM to install multer version 0.1.8.
A look back at what we've covered so far. And a look ahead to what needs to be done.
Add transitional animations. Edit the CSS files to add styling for our ui-view element.
- Have Node.js Installed
- Understand Basics of Angular 1.x
** Please note: this is not a 'beginner' course. You should already have some basic knowledge of both Node.js and AngularJS 1.x.
In this course, you will learn to build a full stack web application using Node.js, AngularJS, Express.js and MongoDB. We will start with a sophisticated authorization template and work from there.
This is a hands-on project based course. The name of our app will be Best Dressed and will show off many interesting features utilized in real-world web applications.
By utilizing popular NPM modules and angular components we will build out our application to include the following functionality: upload capability, web scraping, infinite scrolling, single look detail pages, an admin area, a comment section, CRUD capabilities, and more.
What You Will Learn
- What it takes to build a full stack web application
- How to create and use a RESTful API's
- Web scraping using the Request and Cheerio modules
- How to create a Pinterest style view with infinite scrolling
- How to Upload and save images
- Implement view transitions using ngAnimate
- Use Boostrap styling for responsive design
- Build and use 3 different MongoDB schemas using mongoose
- You should already know the basics of working with Node.js and AngularJS 1.x. This is course is not intended for complete beginners but those that have an understanding of the basic setup.