This Bundle combines two courses -
1) TECHNICAL ANALYSIS COURSE- A practical approach for Trade entry
2) VOLUME ANALYSIS - The key to tracking "Smart Money" activity
Take your understanding of Technical analysis, Volume analysis, Chart reading skills and Smart Money to nothing short of "Mastery" with this bundle
Technical analysis has become extensive in recent years. We study the psychology of technical analysis and why they work 60 to 70% of the time. There are several categories of technical analysis - Price indicators, Support and Resistance levels, Momentum indicators, Volume indicators, Oscillators and Statistical price movement indicators. We cut through all the noise and show you why there are 4 or 5 indicators you should study and that's all you really need to make informed entry and exit decisions. Technical analysis is a self-fulfilling prophecy and gives deep insight into crowd behavior.
Lecture I - What is Technical Analysis
Technical analysis is primarily a study of Crowd psychology and crowd behavior. If a certain number of people act in unison at a certain time, and other people can observe this group of people taking a certain action, then they are motivated to join in. And it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Technical analysis is a very powerful force in the markets, but it has limitations. This Introductory lecture explains these details.
Lecture 2 - Crowd psychology and Crowd behavior
What is crowd psychology and why does it matter ? In this lecture, we study the S&P 500 Index over the last 20 years, and also observe a certain technical pattern that is currently playing out textbook-style. How could this pattern impact the markets this year ?
Lecture 3 - Limitations of Technical Analysis
What are the limitations of Technical analysis - when does it work, and when does it not work. Knowing when it does not work is as important as knowing when it works.
Section 2 is a detailed discussion of all the types of Technical analysis indicators. You have various kinds - Price Indicators, Momentum indicators, Statistical and Volatility indicators, Support and Resistance, Volume indicators and Oscillators. Each of these indicator types are broken down in detail as well as insightful tips on their usage and interpretation.
Section 3 is a complete case study set of 5 stocks -
1) Apple (AAPL) - 1 Year Chart. And how AAPL gave 3 points of entry for the perfect Bearish trade.
2) Priceline (PCLN) - No clear long-term signals, but a short term bearish trade could be played out.
3) Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) - an absolutely amazing Statistical indicator gives away the perfect "Long" signal
4) The Gold ETF GLD - Hidden inside a very bearish chart is the potential for a reversal trade
5) And on the Google (GOOG) charts, we can study the battle between the Bulls and Bears at a recent breach of Google's all-time high.
Applying correct Technical Analysis techniques can set you with a fantastic trade entry. If you get your trade entry correctly, you have just increased your chances of a profitable trade a whole lot.
Volume is perhaps the most under-rated indicator in the markets. Volume shows the activities of the big hedge funds and proprietary desk traders, players we often refer to as "smart money". Good volume analysis shows critical points at which markets turn around, when activity levels are low or high or when smart money is active or inactive. In this technical analysis course, we analyze various stock charts, and combine volume analysis with price action. Volume also provides a storyline to the markets. Constructing this storyline correctly is critical in terms of trade entry and exits.
Smart Money or Big money has always tried to (legally) manipulate the markets to their advantage. Their goals are to conceal their activities as much as possible. But Volume is one indicator they cannot conceal. In many ways, this technical analysis course levels the playing field for the average retail investor. Once you take this course, you'll know what to look for, and you'll be in a position to track smart money as they're entering a Stock or they're running for the exits. And your objective is to "follow the smart money". When you position your trades in harmony with the money flows of smart money, you're adding a whole layer of high-probability characteristics to your investing activities.
This is an exciting course!
In this Section, we explore why Volume is a critical indicator to study, and why this is the only indicator that clearly shows the activities of Smart Money. What can Volume analysis tell us about activity levels in the markets. Volume is sometimes referred to as the "fuel of the markets", and this is very true. This Section also defines some of the rules of "Smart Money". These rules form the basis for the games and that Smart Money play, and the tactics they deploy to manipulate the markets to their advantage.
This section is a deep-dive into the methodology for spotting and tracking "Smart Money" using Volume analysis. A perfect timeframe for analyzing these activities was during the period preceding the financial crisis of 2007/2008 and the period after the bottom in March 2009. And there is no better instrument to study this than the S&P 500 Index itself. This section is a fascinating and shocking analysis of how we could spot Smart Money doing the following -
- Start selling in March 2007, about 6 months before the top in October 2007
- They sold ("distributed") for about 9 months with barely a move in price
- Ran the bear market down to their liking
- Start "accumulating" stock by the end of 2008
- Finished accumulation phase over a period of 9 months
- Are running the Bull market right now to their liking
Detailed case studies of major stocks analyzing Smart money activity points -
1) BIDU - Smart Money is in, and they are not leaving
2) CAT - Similar to BIDU but more choppiness
3) FSLR - Gave a clear signal of smart money entry
4) NFLX, PCLN and FXE - Gave various signals for entry and exit
5) Silver Case study - Smart Money left Silver and has not come back yet.
Take this ultimate Technical Analysis Course and become technical analyst.
•Volume has to be analyzed with price
•And apply a market methodology to this context
•Volume shows when smart money is exiting and when they are piling in
•But first we must understand
–What does Volume tell us
–What price did on that volume
–Where does this fit in with the market story
Most importantly, we must understand what are the "rules of smart money"
Knowledge. Strategy. Execution.
Hari Swaminathan is the founder of OptionTiger, a cutting-edge Options Mentoring company, and a full-circle educator in all areas of Financial Markets, Hari has developed several proprietary Intellectual Property "methods and approaches" around enhancing base case Options strategies (which favor the Market Makers) and turns that deficit into a massive EDGE on the trader's side.. Like building a powerful Strategy "for all Option Strategies".
Hari is self-taught in Options and actively trading these instruments for almost 10 years, mostly through trial and error. Trial and error in general, is an excellent method of learning, but applied in this context, trial and error CAN BE EXPENSIVE. My courseware focuses on this aspect mostly, so you can avoid losing money in the 1 to 2 years when you're learning. Yes, it does take that long, if not more. If the markets were indeed simple, you'd have everyone involved in it. Patience, Diligence, and Determination are what you need during this time.
Hari has a Bachelors degree in Engineering from India, and MBA's from Columbia University in NYC and London Business School in London UK.
More than ever, its become important for normal people to take charge of their financial situation, and truly understand how financial markets, and the various asset classes, trading nuances really work. Investing in the financial markets is no longer a HANDS-OFF ACTIVITY. There's no point blaming financial advisors after the fact. Now, it's become crucial for everyone to do "their OWN homework", so you can decide for yourself whether something is good or risky. This is of course easier said than done, and that's exactly where we come in.
My mission is to educate everyday people on the deep, strategic underpinnings of the stock markets, and exploit that knowledge with the use of OPTIONS. THERE IS NOTHING RANDOM about the markets. There are surprises all the time, but there's always a method behind every madness. And my goal is to get you to this point of understanding and awareness. That's when it starts to fit in.
Knowledge, Education, Crafting Breakthrough strategy, Technical analysis, Following Smart Money, Risk management, Disciplined Money management, and near flawless Execution approaches are just a few of the crucial points emphasized in all the Courses. Video-based education courseware, Practical workshops, several elite proprietary Advanced systems, a 4-week Live Mentoring program are just a few things we offer. The goal is to provide a "full circle" education in the Markets, which is necessary before it starts "fitting in".
Let's break down the Options game in a realistic manner.
1. Options were invented out of thin air. And the people who invented them won Nobel Prizes for their invention (Fisher and Black). It is purely a "Mathematical" concept.
2. This gives rise to very complex but interesting analytical scenarios. It also gives us the ability to model Options with a set of tools like a car dashboard. This data is embedded in the mathematical formulas that underpin Options structure itself.
3. Because everything in Options is defined in mathematical terms, its also important to realize that OPTIONS will always be the same. Forever. Unless they discover serious flaws in the formulas and models used by these Nobel winners.
4. Options and Chess have LARGE overlaps. You may agree that Chess is a game of "skill". It's a game of Strategy and depends upon how well you can plan (ahead) to attack, defend or take a neutral position. We also believe that Chess is strategy-focused and depends upon certain mathematical principles. Why or How do we know this - The reason we know its a game of skill is : Try to play 100 chess games with Kasparov or Anand. Normal people are almost guaranteed a loss in all 100 games. So it has to be a game of skill. And why do we know its underlying features are mathematics based. The fact that a computer like Deep Blue beat the GrandMaster Garry Kasparov in 1997.
5. Lastly, You MUST believe this completely - Options, just like Chess, are a "skill set", and requires acquiring a deep set of analytical skills much more so than most skill sets in the world, and THEY can only be MASTERED over a period of time. Once you understand Options better, you'll realize how true this is. But, there is a very powerful light at the end of this tunnel. You build a skill set for life. Age, Geographical location, Lifestyles, or Weather are no longer a barrier to creating consistent income streams, regardless of who you are, where you are, or how old you are.
This is very POWERFUL stuff.
Now let's look at the negatives. This is what most people will NOT tell you. Anyone that tells you Options are SIMPLE, and you can make extra ordinary income easily, is JUST NOT TRUE. I will tell you Options can be brutal if you simply apply speculative methodologies. And once you can develop a SYSTEMATIC approach to every situation (which is the Real Game), you'll be well on your way to consistent performance.
Options are easily the most fascinating financial instrument with several upside benefits, but also an equally powerful set of negatives.
1. Options have a steep learning curve. Don't expect to become Kasparov in a couple of months. Market Makers who are 99% of the time, the counter party to all Options trades, are Options professionals, with 10 to 20 years of experience, in performing their "legal duty" of providing liquidity.
2. If you're interested in Options, try NOT approach it with a mindset or requirement of making money. This is not only NOT going to happen, but its a recipe for disaster. It's like a student of Medicine wanting to practice their skills after 2 months of study.
3) As someone that has self-learnt Options and through making mistakes from Trial and Error, I can tell you Options trading is not something you should take lightly. You will hear people talking of fantastic triple and quadruple digit returns. I'm here to be brutally honest with you -
- Be very very careful in the first 12 months of Options trading.
- This is when everyone is the most vulnerable to losing money.
- Your main objective during this time is to focus on learning this craft
Having said that, if you can get past the first 12 months and acquire the expertise in a Systematic manner with Systematic approaches to every situation, true financial independence awaits. But you have some serious but exciting work to do before you get there, and I'm here to help you in this journey.
And join me in my UDemy courses, where I share cutting-edge theoretical knowledge mixed with practical insights, strategy and impeccable execution approaches, through live trading examples. How do we know it's all this (don't just go by my word). Check what 30,000 students have to say in 3100 Reviews, with almost 2800 of them being 5-Star or 4-Star
If you have any questions at any time, please feel free to message me on Udemy.
The order to follow on my Udemy courses
Comprehensive guide to Financial Markets, Investing and Trading
Options Trading Beginners Bundle (3-course Bundle)
Advanced Options Concepts
Options spreads and credit spreads Bundle
Technical analysis and Chart reading Bundle
After this, the order does not matter. You can take any of the courses as per your interest.