Find online courses made by experts from around the world.
Take your courses with you and learn anywhere, anytime.
Learn and practice real-world skills and achieve your goals.
This Bundle combines two courses -
1) TECHNICAL ANALYSIS COURSE- A practical approach for Trade entry
2) VOLUME ANALYSIS - The key to tracking "Smart Money" activity
Take your understanding of Technical analysis, Volume analysis, Chart reading skills and Smart Money to nothing short of "Mastery" with this bundle
Technical analysis has become extensive in recent years. We study the psychology of technical analysis and why they work 60 to 70% of the time. There are several categories of technical analysis - Price indicators, Support and Resistance levels, Momentum indicators, Volume indicators, Oscillators and Statistical price movement indicators. We cut through all the noise and show you why there are 4 or 5 indicators you should study and that's all you really need to make informed entry and exit decisions. Technical analysis is a self-fulfilling prophecy and gives deep insight into crowd behavior.
Lecture I - What is Technical Analysis
Technical analysis is primarily a study of Crowd psychology and crowd behavior. If a certain number of people act in unison at a certain time, and other people can observe this group of people taking a certain action, then they are motivated to join in. And it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Technical analysis is a very powerful force in the markets, but it has limitations. This Introductory lecture explains these details.
Lecture 2 - Crowd psychology and Crowd behavior
What is crowd psychology and why does it matter ? In this lecture, we study the S&P 500 Index over the last 20 years, and also observe a certain technical pattern that is currently playing out textbook-style. How could this pattern impact the markets this year ?
Lecture 3 - Limitations of Technical Analysis
What are the limitations of Technical analysis - when does it work, and when does it not work. Knowing when it does not work is as important as knowing when it works.
Section 2 is a detailed discussion of all the types of Technical analysis indicators. You have various kinds - Price Indicators, Momentum indicators, Statistical and Volatility indicators, Support and Resistance, Volume indicators and Oscillators. Each of these indicator types are broken down in detail as well as insightful tips on their usage and interpretation.
Section 3 is a complete case study set of 5 stocks -
1) Apple (AAPL) - 1 Year Chart. And how AAPL gave 3 points of entry for the perfect Bearish trade.
2) Priceline (PCLN) - No clear long-term signals, but a short term bearish trade could be played out.
3) Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) - an absolutely amazing Statistical indicator gives away the perfect "Long" signal
4) The Gold ETF GLD - Hidden inside a very bearish chart is the potential for a reversal trade
5) And on the Google (GOOG) charts, we can study the battle between the Bulls and Bears at a recent breach of Google's all-time high.
Applying correct Technical Analysis techniques can set you with a fantastic trade entry. If you get your trade entry correctly, you have just increased your chances of a profitable trade a whole lot.
Volume is perhaps the most under-rated indicator in the markets. Volume shows the activities of the big hedge funds and proprietary desk traders, players we often refer to as "smart money". Good volume analysis shows critical points at which markets turn around, when activity levels are low or high or when smart money is active or inactive. In this technical analysis course, we analyze various stock charts, and combine volume analysis with price action. Volume also provides a storyline to the markets. Constructing this storyline correctly is critical in terms of trade entry and exits.
Smart Money or Big money has always tried to (legally) manipulate the markets to their advantage. Their goals are to conceal their activities as much as possible. But Volume is one indicator they cannot conceal. In many ways, this technical analysis course levels the playing field for the average retail investor. Once you take this course, you'll know what to look for, and you'll be in a position to track smart money as they're entering a Stock or they're running for the exits. And your objective is to "follow the smart money". When you position your trades in harmony with the money flows of smart money, you're adding a whole layer of high-probability characteristics to your investing activities.
This is an exciting course!
In this Section, we explore why Volume is a critical indicator to study, and why this is the only indicator that clearly shows the activities of Smart Money. What can Volume analysis tell us about activity levels in the markets. Volume is sometimes referred to as the "fuel of the markets", and this is very true. This Section also defines some of the rules of "Smart Money". These rules form the basis for the games and that Smart Money play, and the tactics they deploy to manipulate the markets to their advantage.
This section is a deep-dive into the methodology for spotting and tracking "Smart Money" using Volume analysis. A perfect timeframe for analyzing these activities was during the period preceding the financial crisis of 2007/2008 and the period after the bottom in March 2009. And there is no better instrument to study this than the S&P 500 Index itself. This section is a fascinating and shocking analysis of how we could spot Smart Money doing the following -
- Start selling in March 2007, about 6 months before the top in October 2007
- They sold ("distributed") for about 9 months with barely a move in price
- Ran the bear market down to their liking
- Start "accumulating" stock by the end of 2008
- Finished accumulation phase over a period of 9 months
- Are running the Bull market right now to their liking
Detailed case studies of major stocks analyzing Smart money activity points -
1) BIDU - Smart Money is in, and they are not leaving
2) CAT - Similar to BIDU but more choppiness
3) FSLR - Gave a clear signal of smart money entry
4) NFLX, PCLN and FXE - Gave various signals for entry and exit
5) Silver Case study - Smart Money left Silver and has not come back yet.
Take this ultimate Technical Analysis Course and become technical analyst.
Not for you? No problem.
30 day money back guarantee.
Learn on the go.
Desktop, iOS and Android.
Certificate of completion.
|Section 1: INTRODUCTION TO TECHNICAL ANALYSIS|
|Technical analysis is primarily a study of Crowd psychology and crowd behavior. If a certain number of people act in unison at a certain time, and other people can observe this group of people taking a certain action, then they are motivated to join in. And it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Technical analysis is a very powerful force in the markets, but it has limitations. This Introductory lecture explains these details.|
|What is crowd psychology and why does it matter ? In this lecture, we study the S&P 500 Index over the last 20 years, and also observe a certain technical pattern that is currently playing out textbook-style. How could this pattern impact the markets this year ?|
|What are the limitations of Technical analysis - when does it work, and when does it not work. Knowing when it does not waork is as important as knowing when it works.|
|Section 2: TECHNICAL ANALYSIS INDICATORS|
|Moving averages are the most popular indicators based on price. we study the construction of helpful moving averages and crossovers for different timeframes.|
|Support and Resistance some of the most watched points in a stock's history. This is because what happened in the past at certain points are "facts" recorded permanently into the stock's history. In many ways, these are better than indicators because of its factual characteristics.|
|The MACD is a widely used indicator that shows momentum behind a certain move.|
|The RSI is a widely used indicator - It tells you when a stock is at "overbought" or "oversold" conditions. This kind of an indicator is called an oscillator.|
|Bollinger Bands are very powerful indicators. They tell you when a stock is likely to make a "reversal" trade because it has travelled too far too quickly. This is a statistical indicator but can be very reliable and very powerful.|
|This lecture briefly looks at Volume analysis, which is covered in another course. It also covers the ideal chart setup with the ideal set of indicators.|
|Section 3: DEEP DIVE - CHART ANALYSIS|
|A case study of Apple's Chart over the past year. We can see confluence coming in from 3 different indicators, at different times. In total, there were 3 opportunities to enter a bearish trade, all of which would have been very profitable.|
|A case study of Priceline's charts for the last few months. The analysis reveals a potential short-term bearish trade|
|Studying the CMG 6 months chart, we see an extreme reading on the chart. Anybody watching this would have taken a brilliant trade.|
|The chart on GLD looks very bearish. But on closer examination, this could have a potential for a nice bullish run.|
|GOOG recently won a battle with its all time high. The battle waged on for 4 or 5 months. This chart studies energy levels that a stock must attain to break down a significant barrier like an all-time high.|
|Quiz 1||7 questions|
|Technical analysis is the study of markets using sophisticated software|
|This is a concluding lecture, and we recap everything we learned in this course.|
|Section 4: INTRODUCTION TO VOLUME ANALYSIS AND SMART MONEY|
•Volume has to be analyzed with price
•And apply a market methodology to this context
•Volume shows when smart money is exiting and when they are piling in
•But first we must understand
–What does Volume tell us
–What price did on that volume
–Where does this fit in with the market story
Most importantly, we must understand what are the "rules of smart money"
|Section 5: TRACKING SMART MONEY|
|This lecture is a fascinating look at the period between 2003 and 2007 in a bull market. The S&P 500 Index is analyzed in detail for critical information about the activities of smart money. And in particular, the period leading upto the top in October 2007 where we can clearly spot Smart Money running for the exits.|
|How does Smart money actually get out of its holdings and how they avoid the prices going lower during this time. The Distributing phase is when euphoria levels are high, and the average retail investors are left holding or buying stock at the highest levels.|
|Once smart money is finished with distributing stock, they are ready to run the bear market down. Stocks must move in an up and down cycle for smart money to make their money.|
|Once prices have gone down far enough, its time for Smart Money to pick up stocks at the lowest price. Stocks are a bargain at this point, and the panic stricken public is dumping stock at ridiculous levels into the waiting hands of Smart Money.|
|Section 6: CASE STUDIES - DETAILED VOLUME ANALYSIS AND SMART MONEY ACTIVITY IN VARIOUS STOCK CHARTS|
|Case Study of a 3 year chart on BIDU. Smart Money has piled on to BIDU and they are still in it.|
|Similar to BIDU, Smart Money was able to get into CAT at ridiculously low prices.|
|Smart Money and volume analysis clearly show money coming into FSLR in this case study.|
|General case studies of NFLX, PCLN and FXE. Many a time, there are no signals. You only trade on strong signals, and not try too hard to find a signal where there is none.|
|A case study on the Silver chart for the last 3 years. Smart Money ran for the exits (but they did give enough signals that they were running), and they have not come back again.|
Volume analysis and Smart Money Quiz
|This is the concluding lecture capturing key elements of Volume analysis|
Knowledge. Strategy. Execution.
Hari Swaminathan is the founder of OptionTiger, a cutting-edge Options Mentoring company, and a full-circle educator in all areas of Financial Markets, Hari has developed several proprietary Intellectual Property "methods and approaches" around enhancing base case Options strategies (which favor the Market Makers) and turns that deficit into a massive EDGE on the trader's side.. Like building a powerful Strategy "for all Option Strategies".
Hari is self-taught in Options and actively trading these instruments for almost 10 years, mostly through trial and error. Trial and error in general, is an excellent method of learning, but applied in this context, trial and error CAN BE EXPENSIVE. My courseware focuses on this aspect mostly, so you can avoid losing money in the 1 to 2 years when you're learning. Yes, it does take that long, if not more. If the markets were indeed simple, you'd have everyone involved in it. Patience, Diligence, and Determination are what you need during this time.
Hari has a Bachelors degree in Engineering from India, and MBA's from Columbia University in NYC and London Business School in London UK.
More than ever, its become important for normal people to take charge of their financial situation, and truly understand how financial markets, and the various asset classes, trading nuances really work. Investing in the financial markets is no longer a HANDS-OFF ACTIVITY. There's no point blaming financial advisors after the fact. Now, it's become crucial for everyone to do "their OWN homework", so you can decide for yourself whether something is good or risky. This is of course easier said than done, and that's exactly where we come in.
My mission is to educate everyday people on the deep, strategic underpinnings of the stock markets, and exploit that knowledge with the use of OPTIONS. THERE IS NOTHING RANDOM about the markets. There are surprises all the time, but there's always a method behind every madness. And my goal is to get you to this point of understanding and awareness. That's when it starts to fit in.
Knowledge, Education, Crafting Breakthrough strategy, Technical analysis, Following Smart Money, Risk management, Disciplined Money management, and near flawless Execution approaches are just a few of the crucial points emphasized in all the Courses. Video-based education courseware, Practical workshops, several elite proprietary Advanced systems, a 4-week Live Mentoring program are just a few things we offer. The goal is to provide a "full circle" education in the Markets, which is necessary before it starts "fitting in".
Let's break down the Options game in a realistic manner.
1. Options were invented out of thin air. And the people who invented them won Nobel Prizes for their invention (Fisher and Black). It is purely a "Mathematical" concept, with no real connections to the external world except for one, that's defined implicitly in its design.. Its fascinating, mathematical, strategic, risky, but can also provide the basis for life-long income streams. There's focus on Analysis, Data science, Statistical Modeling and Probability theory.
2. This gives rise to very complex but interesting analytical scenarios. It also gives us the ability to model Options with a set of tools like a car dashboard. In many cases, you don't need to see what's going in the Markets, or the Stocks themselves. This data is embedded in the mathematical formulas that underpin Options structure itself, and you can operate on the basis of your Dashboard.
3. Because everything in Options is defined in mathematical terms, its also important to realize that OPTIONS will always be the same. The math behind Options will always be the same. Forever. Unless they discover serious flaws in the formulas and models used by these Nobel winners. And of course, sadly, if it were the case, the Nobel prizes would have to be retracted and we go back to the drawing board again. But today, several well developed markets around the world exist purely based on their Mathematical Modeling of RISK.
4. Options and Chess have LARGE overlaps. You may agree that Chess is a game of "skill". It's a game of Strategy and depends upon how well you can plan (ahead) to attack, defend or take a neutral position. We also believe that Chess is strategy-focused and depends upon certain mathematical principles. Why or How do we know this - The reason we know its a game of skill is : Try to play 100 chess games with Kasparov or Anand. Normal people are almost guaranteed a loss in all 100 games. So it has to be a game of skill. And why do we know its underlying features are mathematics based. The fact that a computer like Deep Blue beat the GrandMaster Garry Kasparov in 1997, proved to be both shocking, and revealing at the same time. While human beings abilities have not increased in exponential terms during the last 20 years, and we may be able to plan 3 or 4 or 5 moves ahead, the computer of today can calculate a 1000 moves ahead, go down every possible path, and record the outcomes like photographic memory. This is a capability that humans may never achieve, proving that Math plays a key role. So today, every professional Chess player refuses to play the machine, because it's almost guaranteed that the Masters WILL LOSE EVERY GAME.
5. Lastly, You MUST believe this completely - Options, just like Chess, are a "skill set", and requires acquiring a deep set of analytical skills much more so than most skill sets in the world, and THEY can only be MASTERED over a period of time. Once you understand Options better, you'll realize how true this is. We cannot turn into a Kasparov in a matter of weeks or even a few months. It does NOT work like that. But once you go through this process that can go for 1 to 2 years or more (depending upon your commitment to this process), there is a very powerful light at the end of this tunnel. You build a skill set for life. Age, Geographical location, Lifestyles, or Weather are no longer a barrier to creating consistent income streams, regardless of who you are, where you are, or how old you are.
This is very POWERFUL stuff.
Now let's look at the negatives. This is what most people will NOT tell you. Anyone that tells you Options are SIMPLE, and you can make extra ordinary income easily, is JUST NOT TRUE. I will tell you Options can be brutal if you simply apply speculative methodologies. Then you should just STICK TO STOCKS, which are nothing BUT speculation, with a minute role in STRATEGY Give yourself time to master this CRAFT. And once you can develop a SYSTEMATIC approach to every situation (which is the Real Game), you'll be well on your way to consistent performance.
Options are easily the most fascinating financial instrument with several upside benefits, but also an equally powerful set of negatives.
1. Options have a steep learning curve. Don't expect to become Kasparov in a couple of months. Or even a year or two. And why is this important to realize: Because we are playing a Kasparov or Anand every time we enter the Options market. Market Makers who are 99% of the time, the counter party to all Options trades, are Options professionals, with 10 to 20 years of experience, in performing their "legal duty" of providing liquidity. While we have hours to plan our attack, the Market Maker literally has a few seconds. In a normal day, a market maker can do many thousands of trades. One can only be in awe of their skills.
2. If you're interested in Options, try NOT approach it with a mindset or requirement of making money. This is not only NOT going to happen, but its a recipe for disaster. It's like a student of Medicine wanting to practice their skills after 2 months of study. To develop a meaningful batting average, you will need Time, Patience, and Perseverance. They don't develop overnight. Focus completely on the learning, ideally practicing on paper money accounts because you WILL LOSE at first.
3) As someone that has self-learnt Options and through making mistakes from Trial and Error, I can tell you Options trading is not something you should take lightly. You will hear people talking of fantastic triple and quadruple digit returns. I'm here to be brutally honest with you -
- Be very very careful in the first 12 months of Options trading.
- This is when everyone is the most vulnerable to losing money.
- Your main objective during this time is to focus on learning this craft and NOT lose (too much) money
Having said that, if you can get past the first 12 months and acquire the expertise in a Systematic manner with Systematic approaches to every situation, true financial independence awaits.
You can trade Options from anywhere in the world, regardless of how old you are. You never have to worry about job security any more because you have a skill that can produce consistent income month after month.
But you have some serious but exciting work to do before you get there, and I'm here to help you in this journey.
Watch my Free Mini-courses or my YouTube channel , all of which have the highest quality education in Options as well as Financial Markets..
And join me in my UDemy courses, where I share cutting-edge theoretical knowledge mixed with practical insights, strategy and impeccable execution approaches, through live trading examples. How do we know it's all this (don't just go by my word). Check what 25,000 students have to say in 2100 Reviews, with almost 2000 of them being 5-Star or 4-Star
If you have any questions at any time, please feel free to message me on Udemy.
The order to follow on my Udemy courses
Comprehensive guide to Financial Markets, Investing and Trading
Options Trading Beginners Bundle (3-course Bundle)
Advanced Options Concepts
Options spreads and credit spreads Bundle
Technical analysis and Chart reading Bundle
After this, the order does not matter. You can take any of the courses as per your interest.