Are you studying English at an elementary or pre-intermediate level?
Do you need to improve your listening and speaking skills?
Do you want to be able to use daily phrases and expressions reflexively?
Then join me in this course to practise and activate 320 basic phrases and begin to speak more fluently and confidently in many daily situations such as introducing yourself, eating out, telephoning, checking in at a hotel, going to the bank, etc.
The course contains two hours of exclusive downloadable content (not available on my YouTube channel) comprising:
- 8 video lessons with 320 common daily phrases in 16 different situations;
- 8 audio files of dialogues for further listening practice.
You will also have:
- 8 Gap-filling exercises to test your assimilation;
- Transcripts of video lessons and audio files;
- A step-by-step study guide;
- A Discussion Forum where you can post your questions for me.
Before you can speak well, you have to be able to understand easily. That is why, for each phrase, we will:
1. Work on your listening comprehension (listen & write);
2. Work on your speaking and fluency (listen & repeat);
3. Test your listening comprehension (listen & understand);
4. Test your assimilation (fill in the gaps).
Minoo has been an EFL teacher, teacher trainer and course director for over 30 years. She has extensive experience in teaching both General and Business English to students of all ages and nationalities.
She started teaching English in 1980 after passing her Cambridge Proficiency exam in Iran. In 1984, she moved to the UK where she became a CELTA-qualified EFL teacher and teacher trainer. In 1987, her career took her to Belgium where she worked as an EFL teacher, teacher trainer, materials writer and course director at a residential English language school. In 2002, she moved back to the UK to set up her own one-to-one immersion programmes, which she still runs today.
She founded Anglo-Link Languages in 2008. The Anglo-Link website offers its members the possibility of booking online lessons with Minoo as well as a variety of audio and video lessons and exercises for self-study. Anglo-Link's YouTube Channel was launched in 2011, enabling Minoo to share her passion for the English language and her teaching experience with a wider and more global community of EFL students and teachers. Her channel currently has close to 750,000 subscribers.