Malware Analysis Introduction
- 2 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Reverse engineer malware
Spot malware using common windows API functions
Use static analysis techniques
- Use dynamic analysis techniques
- Create a simple keylogger in C
- Never run malware on your host machine, use a virtual machine.
- Know how to use vmware or somthing similar, this will be used to execute the malware. NEVER RUN MALWARE ON YOUR HOST MACHINE!
- A little Windows API knowledge
- A little IDA experience
- A little Wireshark experience
- A little programming knowledge
Malware is everywhere and the industry is desperate for people who can track the hackers. In this course, you will learn about the various types and categories of malware, their symptoms, and how they work. As an incident responder, it is imperative that you are able to properly dissect malware
In this course, you will learn how to perform the basics of dynamic malware analysis, a tried and true method of understanding what an unknown binary (malware) is doing on an infected system. You will learn the tools, tactics and techniques malware analysis use in there every day job. At the end of the course I will walk you through creating your own piece of malware. The saying goes "it takes a thief to catch a thief".
So, if you have ever wondered how to better understand malware, this is the course for you!
- Any one interested in malware