Linux Security Fundamentals: Level up your security skills
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Configure Linux Securely
Understand and implement Selinux
Configure centralized logging with rsyslog securely
- Configure auditing and view reports to understand events on a system
- Better understand implement auditing checks
- Configure authentication using PAM
- Implement password policies
- Configure firewall policies using firewalld
- How to configure networking in Linux
- How to use the Linux shell command prompt
- Basic text editing from the Linux command prompt
- Basic getting around the Linux file system
Are you interested in learning more about Linux Security? Then this is course for you! This course will teach you how to better secure a Linux system as well as understand how various Linux security controls work to increase security and meet compliance with various regulations. You will learn fundamentals of security such as users, permissions as well as more advanced topics like Selinux, auditing and PAM. You will also learn how to set up various services such as Rsyslog.
This course is a mix of lecture and demos to help you understand the concepts. To succeed in this course you should have a basic understanding of Linux System administration to include things like setting up networking, editing files and basic file management. This course focuses on Centos and Red Hat Linux, but some of the concepts would apply to other distributions as well. I would recommend you have access to a Centos or Red Hat system so you can follow along with some of the demos. Access can be provided by Amazon AWS and you can use the free tier if desired.
I am not affiliated in any way with either Red Hat or Centos.
- System Administrators working in an environment where Security is a concern
- Auditors looking to learn more about Linux to better understand their auditing practice
- Incident Responders wanting to understand the Linux Operating System better
- Security Professionals who want to know how Linux implements security
- If you are new to Linux, this course will not teach you the basics of Linux system administration. You would be better served taking some of the other courses on Udemy and then circling back to this course after a few weeks. You should have a good understanding of configuring a Linux system and getting around the command prompt before taking this course
This is a demo of how the AWS scripts can help you create Red Hat instances that will allow you to learn in a Linux environment that you don't mind messing up!