- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- manage IT infrastructure and systems using Puppet code
generate reports and analyses of systems using Puppet
- basic working knowledge of networks and common computer hardware; no software knowledge is needed.
Are you interested in controlling your network and systems with the flexibility of a scripting language? Puppet is just what you're looking for, and this course will show you how to get set up and started.
You will start by learning about the Puppet infrastructure, including Puppet agents and masters, then jump into the Puppet run cycle. From there, Chad will teach you about the Puppet language, including how to apply a simple Puppet manifest, Puppet types, and applying conditional logic in Puppet. This video tutorial also covers how to organize a Puppet environment, report with Puppet, and MCollective. Finally, you will learn about additional tools, such as external node classifiers and reporting with the Puppet dashboard.
Once you have completed this computer based training course, you will be fully capable of writing and applying your own Puppet code.
- IT professionals with some knowledge of hardware and setups; no prior knowledge of Puppet is needed