Learning Linux Essentials: Taking your first steps in Linux
- 8.5 hours on-demand video
- 6 mins on-demand audio
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Navigate the Linux command line
Execute Linux commands
Understand Open Source Software
- Establish file system security
- Run commands as standard and elevated users
- Identify different Linux distributions
Hello, my name is Andrew Mallett. Thank you for joining and allow me to wleocome you to the course.
Let's that a look at what we will cover as we work our way through this course.
- This is a fundamentals course introducing Linux. Access to Linux is useful to follow through in the labs. This can be on a physical host or virtualized. We step though installing Virtual Box
Let me guide you though each of the objectives outlines for the LPI Linux Essentials exam and get your foot in the door for you dream Linux career.
My name is Andrew Mallett and I am the Urban Penguin who has been teaching LInux now for decades including over 800 video on Youtube. Covering each of the objectives in the detail that you will need to pass the exam with additional steps on setting up VirtualBox. I will not leave you wanting.
You will learn mainly though demonstrations and we have close to 8 hours of screen-share demonstrations and clear instructions for you to follow. So if you are looking to make your first steps in learning LInux for a career then you will not go far wrong with this course
- Those wanting to gain the fundamental skills in Linux
- Those who want to understand the power of he command line
- Students wishing to pursue Linux Essentials certification from the LPI
- This is not for experienced Linux Administrators