If you've heard about CoreOS, then you're already aware of how powerful of an operating system it is. It's a fast, lightweight, open sourced operating system designed for scalability. If you're interested in learning about CoreOS for your next project or just want an introduction to a bleeding edge operating system, then this is the perfect 101 class for you!
To give you a basic understanding of what we’ll be going over this course, I’ll start off with CoreOS background, tools, and components. After that, we’ll be setting up a CoreOS on a virtual machine on your local hardware, and begin creating some services! We’ll start with a basic Node.js server, but then actually deploy a full application (including a frontend framework with a backend database). We’ll create a load balancing service, and then eventually deploy a CoreOS machine on the cloud (with a touch of kubernetes!).
FYI: Total lecture duration is slightly over 2 hours, due to no-filler content (no loading screens, etc). Working through actual projects/lessons will take 4-5+ hours.
• Worked in various Fortune 500 companies in becoming more Agile and transitioning to DevOps
• Consulted in Networking, Cloud Services, and Process Management
• Always learning Angular2, Postgres, RethinkDB, Node and many more
• Has an unhealthy obsession with anime, video games, and ramen
• Goes to Costco on empty stomach in hopes of eating all their free samples