Learn Korean! Start Speaking Korean Now!
- 5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 8 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Actually speak basic Korean sentences without any "studying"
Understand the basic sentence structure of Korean, including the word order in which the verb comes at the end of the sentence
Understand the differences in pronunciation between English and Korean
- Continue learning Korean with a massive head start over those who took the traditional path
- Students will need a computer, phone or tablet to watch the videos on
- Students will need to have a mouse or touch screen so as to be able to pause frequently throughout the course (for speaking practice purposes)
This Korean Foundations course is for you if you have always wanted to learn Korean but just never got around to getting started. It is also for you if you have tried to start learning Korean but found the materials to be either too boring and not relevant to you. If you are someone who doesn't like book studying and enjoys jumping right in to get the feel of things, then this course is perfect for you!
The entire course leads you through the learning process step by step with sound and images to help strengthen your memory of the words and sentences you are going to learn. When we say without any studying, we mean it! There's no review or concentrated study needed to learn what you are going to learn in this course. It is designed specifically to make you learn, as opposed to making you do the learning on your own.
In this course you will find OVER 5 HOURS of extremely high quality video content! Clean crips images along with step by step instruction the whole way through, as you go along you may even forget that you're learning. If you're curious about how exactly the course works, check out the "How to Use This Course" video for more!
- This course is for those who are just starting out their journey with the Korean language. It is perfect for those who have not learned the Korean alphabet yet and want to get started speaking right away. For those who have learned the Korean alphabet, that's great! However, we will not be using the alphabet in this course. Instead we will use mnemonic images. For more on this, check out the "How to Use This Course" video.
- This course is NOT for intermediate level Korean learners
If you already know how to read and write the Korean alphabet, then you can use this course to test your dictation ability! Try writing down what you hear! Other students have said that this helped them to practice. If you haven't learned the alphabet, don't even worry about it! You don't need to yet. First, just start speaking and have fun with it. ^^
In this section you will find the audio resources I mentioned in the conclusion video. For those of you who know how to read the Korean alphabet, 한글, we have included those sentences next to the meaning in English in a follow along PDF. There is a ZIP file including the PDF and all the audio files (male and female recordings) for each module. Download the file and double click it to unzip it. You should then find a folder on your computer with all the individual audio files and the follow along PDF. For example, there will be an audio file called "Module 1.8-male-#3." When you check the PDF file, you can look until 1.8, go down to number 3 and you will see the Korean and the translation. "male" means that it is the male version of that recording.
You can use these to review anytime you want! And some of you may recognize the male voice in these recordings - Suntae from the popular and very helpful Youtube channel Conversational Korean helped us out! He makes very creative and relevant content for Korean learners of all levels. Check out his channel if you're looking for more ways to continue learning Korean the fun way!