Learn iMovie Version 10.0.9
course's star rating by considering a number of different factors
such as the number of ratings, the age of ratings, and the
likelihood of fraudulent ratings.
Find online courses made by experts from around the world.
Take your courses with you and learn anywhere, anytime.
Learn and practice real-world skills and achieve your goals.
Learn the basic ways to edit your video using a very popular editing program, iMovie.
Master a strong method to editing videos with quick shortcuts taught in a very easy to understand way.
A Life Long Skill at Your Fingertips
Learning the fundamentals of iMovie puts a high level skill right on your computer for you to learn. This could be used for many reasons which include a Youtube Channel, a Film Editor, a Promo Editor and many more. Remember every video you see has been edited. Anyone can use iMovie as long as they have installed it and have a mac it is a very simple and easy to use program with many advanced features.
Content and Overview
Suitable for anyone this course features 9 lectures and over 30 minutes of content this will certainly teach you the basic knowledge. The first lecture is about importing your footage and creating the movie. You need this step to start the movie. In the second lecture I will teach you how to Add the footage to your timeline this is also fundamental and is extremely easy to do. In lecture 3 I will teach you how to Enhance your video. This is very important as it will improve your videos overall appearance and audio quality. The 4th lecture teaches you all about adding titles. Lecture 5 teaches adding transitions for a smooth or snazzy feel to your video. In lecture 6 I will show you how to add Music & Sound Effects this can give your video a amazing flow. In lecture 7 I will show you how to export your video whether its to Youtube, Facebook or just to your computer. In lecture 8 I will show you all the necessary keyboard shortcuts to make editing speedy and easy to do. In the final lecture I will show you how to Decrease your upload time. this is very important if you need to make videos on a tight schedule.
If you complete this course you will be able to edit a video that looks semi professional and be able to use a range of keyboard shortcuts for speed. Also you will be able to add Music, Sound Effects, Transition and Title's. Extremely handy life skills.
Not for you? No problem.
30 day money back guarantee.
Learn on the go.
Desktop, iOS and Android.
Certificate of completion.
|Section 1: Introduction|
|Section 2: Create a simple Video in iMovie.|
1. Go to the sidebar and secondary click.
2. Select “New Event”
3. Type in the title of your new event. i.e.: Christmas 2015.
4. Hit Enter.
5. At the top of the iMovie window select import.
6. On the window that pops up select all of your footage and click import.
7. Next, at the top of your screen click new and select “Movie”
8. Then, select the theme and click create. (For this tutorial I will not be using a theme)
9. Give the movie a name and click Okay.
In this lecture you will learn how to import you footage successfully.
1. Your screen should look like this.
2. Simply select the footage you need by clicking where you want it to start and dragging to where you want your clip to end. Alternatively you can click where you want it to start and Press (I) and click where you want it to end and press (O).
3. When your footage is selected simply press (E). (This will import your footage in to the timeline.)
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all the footage is in the timeline.
In this lecture you will learn every way in iMovie to enhance your footage.
1. Click on a video clip. (It should light up yellow)
2. Above the preview window are a selection of buttons.
3. Click Enhance. (this will enhance the video automatically)
4. When you have done this the Colour Balance and Volume Icons will turn blue. (This shows us the Colour Balance has been altered and the same with the Volume)5. Along the bar at the top are 9 options which I will go through.
6. The First icon is Colour Balance. Here you can choose to match the colour with another clip or Match the white balance to a pixel on the current frame using the eye dropper tool or change skin tone balance using the eye dropper tool.
7. The Second option is Colour Correction. Here you can change Colour Temperature or Colour Saturation.
8. The Third option is Cropping. Here you can use Crop To Fill or Ken Burns.
9. The Fourth option is Stabilisation. Here you can Stabilise shaky footage. (This may take a long time) Also you can fix rolling shutter problems.
10. The Fifth option is Volume here you canting the volume settings and making other clips (Such as Music) have a lower volume.
11. The Sixth option is Noise reduction and Equaliser. Here you can remove background noise (Such as Wind) and also use the Equaliser to boost volume or bass.
12. The Seventh option is speed. Here you can either choose Normal, Slow, Fast or Custom (You can choose your own speed) you can also reverse the pitch or the clip.
13. The Eighth option is Video and Audio Effects. There is so many to list but you can see the screenshots below.
14. The Last option is Clip Information. Here you can choose lengths of clips. I would recommend only using this for photos because if you do it with video it would then cut at the wrong points.
In this lecture you will learn how to Add titles to your videos.
1. Go to the Content Library section.
2. Click Titles.
3. Once you have clicked this. Where before your imported media was is now showing all the different styles of text.
4. Some are bland and some can be quite cheesy so pick carefully.
5. When you have found a title you click on it. (it will turn yellow) then simply drag it to where you would like it on the timeline. Your screen should look like the below picture.
6. Now go to the preview window and type the text you want you can also change the Font Settings and Colour.
7. Click off the preview window. When you play the video now your text should come on at the required time.
In this lecture you will learn how to add transitions to your videos.
1. Go to the Content Library Section.
2. Click Transitions.
3. Once you have clicked this. Where before your imported media was is now showing all the different styles of transitions.
4. When you have found a transition you want click it once (it will turn yellow) then simply drag it on to the timeline. Your screen should look like the video.
In this video you will learn how to add Music and Sound Effects to your videos.
1. Go to the Content Library.
2. Click Sound Effects.
3. Once you have clicked this. Where before your imported media was is now showing all the different types of music provided by Apple. (All the music in Sound Effects is Copy Right Free)
4. At the top where it has effects if you click that it breaks it down in to categories selecting one of these will just show that type.
5. When you find a piece of music you like simply click once on it and drag it underneath your videos on your timeline.
6. You can also use your own music (for personal use only) by clicking iTunes to see your iTunes library or importing like we did earlier with the videos.
In this lecture you will learn how to export your video.
1. At the top right-hand corner of your screen click share.
2. There are many ways to share your video. However I recommend clicking file and saving it to your computer then uploading to other sites (ie: YouTube/Facebook). Click File.
3. In the pop up window choose the Format, Resolution and Quality. The settings in the picture below is how I would recommend it. When done Click Next.
4. Then select where you want your file to be saved and click save.
Useful Keyboard Shortcuts
Decrease Upload Time
|Section 3: Conclusion|
Hello my name is Christopher Young. I have a YouTube channel with over 1,000 Subscribers and I make weekly videos. I also am a big fan of technology and enjoy making videos. I am a great fan of new opportunity and ways to grow my brand and make money in the process. Everything I teach is self taught meaning I didn't have courses like any on Udemy when I wanted to learn. I make learning very simple and easy to understand. I have learned everything from Microsoft Word, a long time ago, to things like iMovie and I continue to learn new and useful tools that will improve workflow and productivity, And teach people in the process. I have taught lots of people how to use programs so they can be very successful. I have taught lots of people iMovie and they have now become very good with editing programs. I also have taught people programs and tutorials on my YouTube channel, these have been very successful. I also call my self a video editor because that is mainly my strong point.