Kotlin is the brand-new programming language for Android app development that is taking Java by storm. Join programming expert Nimish Narang in this course on the basics of Kotlin. Nimish has extensive experience teaching app development as an instructor at Mammoth Interactive. Start learning to code today in this Number 1 course on Kotlin.
Is this course for me?
This course is devoted to Kotlin's language basics and comparing the syntax to Java. We target beginners and cover core topics in depth. If you're an intermediate or advanced coder, you can watch the videos at a faster speed using the Speed tool. We encourage you to follow along with the coding as we show you Kotlin's unique syntax.
What Will I Learn?
1. The major concepts involved with variables, basic types of variables, more advanced types, Kotlin's new syntax for variables, and how we can use variables differently in Kotlin than you may have already seen in other programming languages.
2. Collection types, which Kotlin allows us to customize. We'll begin by looking at the simple collection types and then look at more advanced ones.
3. Control flow. Kotlin has some new statements not found in Java. Kotlin also provides the brand-new ability to turn control flow statements into expressions, which is a powerful capability that has a lot of potential. We will look at the basics and syntax, always relating back to real-life examples.
4. Functions, which have significant syntax differences in Kotlin. Beginners will learn how to use functions, and more advanced developers will benefit from the introduction to Kotlin's new syntax.
5. Classes, objects, and other structures available in Kotlin.
Why Should I Learn Kotlin?
Kotlin is an innovative programming language for app development. You don't have to use Java to make Android apps anymore! With Kotlin, you can write concise and powerful code. Kotlin is awesome because it is compatible with existing Java-based technologies.
Throughout the course, we will compare Kotlin and Java. Java is a popular programming language that many developers use to create content for the Web. Kotlin is a lot more syntactically flexible than Java. This allows you to have more fine control over how you write code to accomplish the tasks you want. You can insert an aspect of personality into code and write it how you want it to be read. It's easy to incorporate Kotlin into existing projects and applications.
We at Mammoth Interactive value input from students like you. Feel free to leave us any questions in our Q&A section. Please leave this course a review. We love hearing from you.
Take this course to learn how to code apps faster in an emerging programming language. Enroll today to join the Mammoth community.
Mammoth Interactive is a company that was formed in 2008 by John Bura. Mammoth Interactive has produced games for the iPhone, iPad, XBOX 360 and more. Their games have been sponsored by highly esteemed companies such as Nickelodeon.
Mammoth Interactive has a long history of providing support to other developers. Mammoth Interactive has been contracted to produce epic soundtracks, addicting levels, rock solid programming and business development.
What makes John a good teacher?
John Bura is has been a successful Udemy instructor since 2011. John Bura has been programming games since 1997 and teaching since 2002. John is the owner of the game development studio Mammoth Interactive. This company produces XBOX 360, iPhone, iPad, android, HTML 5, ad-games and more. Mammoth Interactive recently sold a game to Nickelodeon! John has been contracted by many different companies to provide game design, audio, programming, level design and project management. To this day John has 40 commercial games that he has contributed to. Several of the games he has produced have risen to the top 10 in the Apple's app store. In his spare time John likes to play ultimate Frisbee, cycle and work out.