Joomla 3 Beginner
- 3 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- By the end of this class, you will be able to create a website powered by Joomla 3.
Following this video - you'll notice an error: When you try to create sub-categories, the "Options" does not give the "Parent" choice. Instead, it gives "Alternative Layout" choice.
Some of these lessons were built using the Beta version so we could make them available at an early date.
In Category Manager when you click on New or edit an existing category the parameters for child items are now at the bottom of the page - you do not need to click on Options
- No prior experience is necessary. All that's needed is a computer (e.g. PC, Mac).
This class teaches you all of the essential concepts and knowledge you need to get started with Joomla 3.
This Joomla 3 Beginner class is aimed at people who are completely new to Joomla. You don't need have any experience or know any coding.
In the first part of the class, we introduce you to Joomla and explain the basics about how Joomla works:
- What is Joomla?
- Navigating the Public Site
- Navigating the Administrator Site
In the second part of the class, you'll see how to manage content in Joomla. You'll add text and images then see all your options for presenting content to your visitors.
- The Joomla Workflow
- The Category Manager
- The Article Manager
- Adding Images to Articles
- Adding Code to Articles
- Adding Images for the Introduction to Articles
- Featured Articles
- The Menu Manager
- Creating a New Menu
- Linking to an Article
- Linking to a Blog
- Linking to Articles from a Category in a List
- Linking to a Category List
- The Article Options
- Managing Menus
In the third part of the class, you'll learn about extensions which provide all of the extra features you could want in your Joomla site:
- Understanding Extensons
- Joomla Update
- Smart Search
- Module Manager
- New Modules
In the fourth part of the class, you'll learn about design and show you how to find, install and use a great-looking template:
- What is a Template?
- Modifying Your Template
- Installing a Template
In the fifth part of the class, we show you how to keep your Joomla site safe and secure.
- User Manager
- User Registration
- Access Control Levels
- Maintenance and Security
In the final part of the class, you'll learn about a wide variety of installation options for Joomla:
- Local Installation on a PC
- Local Installation on a Mac
- This class is great for beginners looking to create and/or manage a website using Joomla. It assumes that you have no prior web design or coding experience.