ISO 50001. Energy management system
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 23 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the requirements of ISO 50001
Design and implement an energy management systems
Understand the concepts of energy review, energy baseline, energy performance indicators
- Audit an energy management system as per ISO 50001:2011
- No specific prior knowledge required
- Familiarity with ISO standards is helpful
- General knowledge or interest in energy management help
The course presents in detail and with examples for a better understanding, the requirements of ISO 50001, version 2011, the world's "common language" when discussing energy management.
The lessons of the course follow the structure of ISO 50001:
- General requirements - a systematic approach to energy management; scope of the energy management system
- Management responsibility - top management commitment for improving the energy performance, the management representative and the energy team; energy policy
- Energy planning - the energy review, legal and other requirements that refer to energy management, the energy baseline, energy performance indicators, energy objectives, targets and action plans
- Implementation and operation - competence, awareness and training, communication, energy management system documentation, operational control, design and procurement of energy services, products, equipment and procurement of energy
- Checking - monitoring and measurement of energy performance, evaluation of compliance with legal and other requirements, internal audit, nonconformity, correction, corrective and preventive actions
- Management review of the energy management system.
The information in the course is valuable to any professional working in the energy management sector, in auditing or consulting to this standard but also to those familiar with other ISO standards like ISO 9001 or ISO 14001 that want to become familiar with ISO 50001 also.
After going through the lessons here you will have a clear image of how an energy management system should be shaped, what are its main elements, what documents should exist and how they should be implemented.
If your company is looking to get the ISO 50001 certification than this course will be really helpful in preparing the energy management system so that the certification audit is passed successfully.
At the end of the course there is an implementation checklist that can be used for internal auditing purposes or for assisting in the implementation of the energy management system.
I have also added a quiz if you would like to test your knowledge on the requirements of ISO 50001 after going through the lessons.
- Energy and sustainability managers
- Energy auditors
- ISO consultants
- Management system professionals
- Energy efficiency analysts
- Energy consultants
ISO 50001:2011 standard. Structure of the standard. 16 key steps for the implementation of an Energy Management System. Plan - Do - Check - Act framework applied to ISO 50001.
People whose activity can significantly influence energy performance shall be competent in terms of education, training and experience. Training needs have to be identified and access to training on energy matters provided. Awareness programs on energy performance shall be carried out
An internal communication process to enable people to make suggestions and comments on energy performance shall be developed. The organization has to decide if it communicates externally about its energy performance and energy policy