iOS 8 and Swift - How to Make a "Freaking" iPhone App
- 20 hours on-demand video
- 8 articles
- 11 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will have apps you created in the App Store
You will make apps that use GPS, the camera and the microphone
You will make a social networking app
- By the end of this course, you will be an iOS developer
Here is the code that you need to paste in. Unless you like typing ;)
var baseString : String = NSSearchPathForDirectoriesInDomains(NSSearchPathDirectory.DocumentDirectory, NSSearchPathDomainMask.UserDomainMask, true) as! String
var pathComponents = [baseString, "MyAudio.m4a"]
var audioURL = NSURL.fileURLWithPathComponents(pathComponents)
var session = AVAudioSession.sharedInstance()
session.setCategory(AVAudioSessionCategoryPlayAndRecord, error: nil)
var recordSettings: [NSObject : AnyObject] = Dictionary()
recordSettings[AVFormatIDKey] = kAudioFormatMPEG4AAC
recordSettings[AVSampleRateKey] = 44100.0
recordSettings[AVNumberOfChannelsKey] = 2
self.audioRecorder = AVAudioRecorder(URL: audioURL, settings: recordSettings, error: nil)
self.audioRecorder.meteringEnabled = true
- You will need a Mac computer that runs the Mavericks or Yosemite operating system
We have a new class!
Search "iOS 9 Adventure" for the most up-to-date material.
Or you can scroll down to the very bottom of this page, and find my iOS 9 class in More From Nick Walter.
This is the class I wish I had when I was trying to learn iOS development. I have a unique perspective to teach this class because I've been the newb that couldn't understand tutorials or blog posts. No prior programming experience is required.
I will walk you through everything you need to start making apps. Getting Xcode (the program we use to make apps) setup and on your machine, making a developer account with Apple, and running the iPhone and iPad simulator on your mac.
I firmly believe that the best way to learn is by doing. So we'll make a series of 8 killer apps, each app going into depth on teaching the most important iOS app development skills. Here is an overview of the apps we'll be making:Apps that...
- ...record audio with the microphone
- ...use the front and rear cameras on iOS devices
- ...leverage game principles (FLAPPY BIRD clone)
- ...connect with Twitter
- ...use GPS information
- ...connect with PARSE to make a social network
- ...use Bluetooth
- ...and more
Once each of these apps are built, I'll teach you everything you need to know to submit these apps to the App Store. We'll also cover how to make money in iOS, and how you can continue to stay in the loop as an iOS developer and keep up with the latest and greatest. These topics could be a whole class in and of itself!
What makes me the right teacher?
- I have 9 iOS apps in the App Store which total over 300,000+ downloads
- I teach more than 17,000 other students in my conglomerate of highly rated Udemy courses
- I use an energetic and engaging course style that involves students. I guess you could say, I'm far from a robot… and it should be entertaining :)
- I have been doing iOS development for 4+ years
- When I was first learning iOS development, I was often confused by wordy blog posts and tutorials. I'll never talk over your head.
- I created the first Udemy Swift course and also teach the highly rated “Apple Watch - Go From Newbie to Pro by Building 15 Apps" course.
- People who want to make apps. I will not be teaching wordy or complicated computer science philosophies. I will be teaching you how to make apps that you can play with, share with friends & family, and offer to the world!
- Beginners. You don't need any programming experience to take this class. I have been the absolute beginner before and I want to help you.
- Those programmers who are new to iOS 8 or Swift. Dive in with your prior experience and move more quickly, on to become an impressive iOS developer.
- Entrepreneurs who have an idea for an app. Don't pay somebody thousands to build your app. Do it yourself. Having the ability to create something you can think of is extremely powerful.
- Career development professionals who want to earn money professionally via contract work, consulting, full-time employment, and so forth
- No programming experience required
- Someone who hasn't had any luck with other tutorials
- Someone who doesn't care about the science and just wants to make A FREAKING APP