Who is this course for?
- Are you a beginner who is intimidated by the mere thought of sketching? - This course is for you
- Are you a hobby artist looking for a great way to create mind boggling sketches? - This course is for you
- Are you a pro artist looking to add a fantastic tool to your arsenal? - This course is for you
What do you need to start this course?
- Loads of enthusiasm!
- A pen (any color, any make, any type)
- A paper
What will you learn?
- Learn to have a fresh look at the world, with the vision of an artist. A world where even seemingly ordinary objects take on a life of a sketch subject!
- Various materials used in pen and ink sketching,
- Shading techniques, and sketching monochrome and colored sketches.
Of course, real learning happens from doing, So you will also do some hands-on sketching step by step through two fun and exciting exercises.
Before you begin ...
I am really excited to indulge in this versatile and super convenient medium of sketching, and at the end of the course, I hope to transfer some of that excitement to you.
So what are you waiting for? Let's explore this amazing medium and get rolling.
Shading Techniques - Part 2
Shading Techniques - Part 3
A Monochrome sketch using pens
A colored sketch using pen, inks and watercolors
Shirish is a self taught artist based in a very populous city called Pune, in a very populous country called India.
Shirish works in the thriving Indian software industry since nearly two decades. But his art is his main passion (apart from family, books, movies, adventure sports and video games, not necessarily in that order).
Shirish is actively involved in fine arts, graphic novels, animated graphic novels, and short film making, He woks in several media like pen & inks, watercolors, oil colors, acrylics and digital painting. He paints various themes like landscapes, figures and urban sketches. He is an active member of the Urban Sketchers community.
Shirish regularly conducts workshops for sketching, and has participated in several exhibitions since 2016. His sketches and paintings are present in private collection in India as well as in other countries.