Introduction to Islam
- List and discuss the five pillars of Islam
Correctly pronounce various Islamic terms
Discuss many of the misunderstandings that abound regarding Islam
- Evaluate and respond to false allegations about the Islamic faith
- Formulate a plan for dispelling misconceptions about the Islamic way of life
- Explain the concept of worship in Islam
- Briefly discuss the life of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)
- Describe some of the scientific miracles of the Quran
- There are no special requirements.
This interactive course looks at some of the most common misconceptions that people have about Islam and seeks to clarify those misconceptions. In addition to addressing misconceptions, this introductory course introduces the student to the five pillars of Islam.
Have you ever wondered what Islam REALLY teaches?
Does Islam promote terrorism or suicide bombing?
Does ISIS represent all the Muslims?
Why are those Muslims always fighting?
Why do Muslim women cover? Do they sleep with their clothes on?
What exactly DOES Islam teach?
These are just a few of the many questions that will be addressed in this course.
The course is designed for those genuinely interested in finding out about Islam. If your desire is to be argumentative and insulting, this course is NOT for you. There are 21 lectures and three quizzes, with approximately 3.8 hours of lectures.
- This course is for someone who is sincere, has an open mind and an open heart. This course is NOT for an argumentative person.