Do you find interviews to be intimidating? Find it difficult to create a great first impression? Do you know how to follow up after the interview process? Many talented people find the interview process to be confusing and highly subjective. Majority of them feel it is not in their hands to ace an interview. The toughest part of job hunting process is landing an interview and you do not want to waste this precious opportunity by being under prepared. This course is a step-by-step approach on how to excel during an interview.
Why Interviewing is crucial:
By the end of the course you should be able to:
This course is taught using the same active learning method used in 5stepCareers' flagship bootcamps that have received an average rating of 4.6 out of 5.0. The entire course is broken down into 5 easy-to-follow steps, each of them 10 minutes or less, suited to the average adult attention span. There will be quizzes to reinforce your learning by forcing you to recall the information you just learned and application exercises so that you can put your learning into practice. Carefully selected resources are also provided to further augment your learning. The 5 steps in this course are:
Author & Founder, 5stepCareers
Commercial Founder & Executive Chairman, CognaLearn
Adjunct Professor, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Asia
Career skills experience
• Reviewed over 10,000 resumes and interviewed hundreds as a hiring decision maker in finance interviews and management consulting case interviews.
• Led Credit Suisse Investment Banking recruiting in Singapore (hiring decision maker).
• Led A.T. Kearney Strategy Practice recruiting in Chicago (hiring decision maker).
• Career mentor to Columbia University and Duke University students for nearly 20 years.
• Corporate finance experience in 50 corporate finance debt, equity, and M&A transactions (including 20 deals in aviation) with a total deal value of US$15 billion.
• Chief Financial Officer of Australian and London Stock Exchange-listed Skywest Airlines until the sale to Virgin Australia in 2013.
• Investment banker at Credit Suisse in New York, Chicago, and Singapore.
• Management consultant at A.T. Kearney in Chicago.
• Entrepreneur: Founder of 5stepCareers, co-founder of CognaLearn and MEDNIVA.
• Appeared as an Aviation Analyst on Channel News Asia on 20 occasions.
• Adjunct Professor at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Asia teaching Aeronautical Science for Management, Airport Administration and Finance, and Airline Management.
• Co-inventor of patent-pending method to optimize learning based on cognitive science with Ranga Krishnan, Dean of Duke-NUS Medical School (2008–2015). Entrepreneur-in-residence, Learning Technologies & Methods at Duke-NUS Medical School (2014–2015).
• Invited speaker, panelist and chairperson at eight conferences on blended learning, technology, and flipped classroom in Asia, Australia, and the United States.
• MBA, Finance, Duke University.
• BS, Industrial Engineering, Columbia University.
• Founding President of the Duke University Alumni Club of Singapore. Private, commercial, instrument, multi-engine and seaplane pilot.