- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Over 70 shortcuts to bump up your productivity (on Mac, Linux and Windows)
Learn how to maximize the usage of your keyboard like a pro.
Select any texts effectively without using drag & drop.
- Quickly find any classes, methods or commands in a second. No more navigating between folders to find classes.
- Navigate freely in your code base, say goodbye to clicking back and forth to navigate between classes or methods.
- Master the code completion and code generation features provided by IntelliJ IDEA to write more code with less typing.
- Quickly reformat code and optimize import statements to ensure your code is always in a perfectly formatted and well-organized state.
- And much much more...
We will learn how to scroll up and down, move the cursor to the top or bottom of the current file without replying on the mouse.
We will learn how to make use of IntelliJ's camel hump feature to greatly reduce your typing.
We will learn how to quickly delete or duplicate lines with only one shortcut.
We will learn how to display the parameter information of a method without the need to retype the whole method.
We will learn how to search everywhere in the workspace including files, classes, symbols and actions with only one shortcut and how to use Tab key to effectively move between different sections.
We will learn how to effectively select expanding logical blocks of code so that you can easily select any expression in the code which can greatly boost your productivity.
- Computer running Windows, Mac, or Linux
- Basic knowledge of IntelliJ IDEA
How to become a real pro Java programmer:
If you want to become a real pro Java programmer, you need to master your keyboard and IntelliJ IDEA. You need to be able to navigate freely in your code base, find and modify code instantly. You need to know how to quickly select texts without using drag & drop. You need to be able to reformat and refactor any piece of code in a second.
Faster Java programmers barely use the mouse but do pretty much everything with keyboard. They use shortcuts and some secret tricks to generate more code with less typing in less time.
What is this course about:
This course is to reveal all those little-known tricks which can instantly boost your productivity with IntelliJ IDEA. In the end of this course, you will be able to write the same code in half the time or even less and generate perfectly formatted and well-organized code without effort.
What you will learn from this course:
In particularly, you will learn:
- Over 60 shortcuts(Mac, Linux and Windows) to bump up your productivity.
- How to effectively select texts without using drag & drop.
- How to quickly find any files, classes, methods or commands in a second, no more navigating between folders to find classes or files.
- How to navigate freely in your code base, say goodbye to clicking back and forth to navigate between classes or methods.
- How to master the code completion and code generation features provided by IntelliJ IDEA to write more code with less typing.
- How to quickly reformat code and optimize import statements to ensure your code is always in a perfectly formatted and well-organized state.
- And much much more...
Every single trick revealed in this course is operational in a second - and can give you instant productivity boost.
This course will take less than two hours of your time, but it is going to save you a lot of time in the future.
Believe it or not, most engineers have only used up to 10% of IntelliJ’s features even after many years of experience. So even if you have been using IntelliJ IDEA for a while, you may still find out tips and tricks that you don't know before.
What do students say:
"IntelliJ is just great. coding used to be so difficult for me but with this course I have really enhanced my coding skills and I just can't stop myself from bragging about it!" - Crispin Smith
"The tutorial has been extremely helpful for me as I really needed to increase my coding speed. Thanks a lot lee.... You have really done a great job." - Alastair
"IntelliJ IDEA tricks are described so easily that I was AMAZED! Thank you James for such a great work. Really useful." - Mitty Rose
"Howdy! I love the way he is explaining everything, from basics. Such tips are indeed essential and it makes a huge difference in the overall output in terms of time & effort. Thank You! " - Daniel Smith
"Informative as well as helpful. The tricks are really helpful, time-saving and a must for every programmer. I am viewing this tutorial again and i refer this to my students too." - Casey Morgan
"After undergoing this tutorial, i could say that this has been the best IntelliJ IDEA course i have ever come across. This is very well presented and it would aid a programmer(even a beginner) to write a code better and faster. I am going to recommend it to all my team mates as well. Cheers." - Steffen Aleksander Jakobsen
"This course is really good! Lots of useful tips such as keyboard shortcuts, code completion, code generation, language injection are shared. James is teaching you how to find things rather than cramming everything. What I have learned from this course about IntelliJ idea will be beneficial for me for lifetime." - Lin Jale
This course will continue grow!
James will offer the open book technique with no off the cuff tricks. He will expose all the tricks and secrets. He is innovative enough to learn more every day for your advantage, and those are being added to the course. Soon you will start gaining the latent potential for free! This tutorial will continue to grow and grow.
30-day money-back guarantee!
You will get 30-day money-back guarantee from Udemy for this course.
If not satisfied simply ask for a refund within 30 days. You will get full refund. No questions whatsoever asked.
Besides you have James' personal promise that you will be wowed and thrilled by what you'll learn and how much you can improve your coding speed in the next 2 hours ... You will be transformed to a higher plane by mastering IntelliJ IDEA within a short time. Udemy offers a saving worth for your future.
Do you want to take your coding speed to the next level? Do you want to save yourself tons of precious time which you can spend doing things you love? Take this course now ... right this minute!
Every minute you delay is actually COSTING your time ....
- Any developers who want to bump their productivity and become a faster coder.
- Any developer who want to use IntelliJ IDEA like a pro.
- Any developers who want to know how to maximize the usage of the keyboard