Canadian Indigenous History and Cultural Sensitivity
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- What Canada and the First Peoples looked like pre-contact.
The historical implications of colonization, Indian reserves, treaties, and residential schools.
The proper protocol when working with Indigenous communities.
- There are no prerequisites, but students are encouraged to take notes on the lessons to improve their retention of information.
For the past ten years Holly Fortier (Cree/Dene from Ft. McKay First Nation, Alberta) has traveled across Canada facilitating Indigenous Awareness training courses for government agencies, major corporations, educational institutions and many other groups.
At the request of individuals who were unable to attend her classroom groups, she has created this comprehensive online course to accommodate those wish to educate themselves in Indigenous relations, cultural practices, and the historical impact of colonization.
- Those who wish to gain a deeper understanding of Canadian Indigenous culture, traditions, and history.
- Professionals who work closely with Canadian Indigenous communities or individuals.