- 4 hours on-demand video
- 16 articles
- 37 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Gain skills to better cope when faced with challenges
Learn simple language that helps them engage and communicate what they are experiencing
Uncover how to leave less than desirable states of being to change feelings & behavior
- Benefit through learning key self-regulation skills that will serve you well during any crisis!
- Use key brain/body skills that improve our ability to be calmer and more mindful
- Discover how to achieve key states to improve what you can change
- Openness to learn
- Willingness to practice the skills
- Have access to an audio player i.e. MP3 Player, or audio software on your tablet, computer, phone to play the 7 audio programs
- Have a non-judgemental respectful and safe person to talk with
Discover How to Calm Your Inner World
Imagine Yourself with Michael Ballard
What to do when life is in turmoil!
What to do when life goes sideways and BIGStuff Happens!
Help us understand and manage our behaviour with family, friends or students
In my case it was my daughter's brain tumour that pushed me hard.
That is one of the key reasons why this program was born. We offer skills to help the whole family or group. Each of you and all of you can use them to deal with life's toughest issues.
The program offers insights into what we all all experience. You'll learn
The process as we experience life's losses and griefs
Discover 3 Key States that build our health and happiness
Understand how 3 Key States can block us from health and happiness
Eight skills in video to help you shift from being in a bad state to a better state
Two text based skills to assist you further deepen your ability to thrive
A common language approach so that ages 3 - 103 can connect, engage and share a little more of their personal journey.
Word Puzzles to help you remember and practice what you've learned
Five Audio stories to assist you practise the skills
One Audio skill building Relaxation exercise in audio format
One in male voice
One in female voice
This family student and school friendly program was born out of the frustration of me not being able to find any skill based program during those large issues in my family. Oh and yes, me then 7 year old daughter and I have both done very well since that very stressful time.
"Don't forget to use the audios; they are a big part of the success of the program."5 stories to choose from
Each one helps you practice key skills to assist you deepen your capacity to thrive
The chair exercise is here twice; once in male voice and once in female voice.
P.S. I'm sorry to tell you that your primary cancer has spread and it is in four locations! I've had my own 7 year battle with two bouts of cancer and a failed medical procedure that meant an emergency surgery with a rush trip to the OR at midnight.
So, I've lived this from several perspectives. As a father, a spouse, a son and a brother. I've always been astounded at the lack of basic Situational Mental Heath programming available in North America.
I've also found this program very useful to help me better manage the two chronic illnesses life has challenged me with. Doctors tell me my body age is at least 12 years less than my chronological age. I am quite certain that is in part due to the use of these skills impacting my mind and body health. I wish you and yours all the very best on your journey.
Don't use the audio's while operating any type of moving or stationary device with moving parts. The audio stories are designed to build skill while relaxing you. WE don't want you falling asleep while driving or operating machinery.
Please Note: When you use the audio programs they are very effective.
However; if you use them with children the adult in charge can fall asleep before the children. So keep that in mind. :)
- Students, teachers and schools struggling with behavior issues
- Individuals and Families challenged with illness
- Anyone who is in grief or loss due to Death, Divorce, Separation, Illness, Job Loss, Bankruptcy
- Teachers who want to learn added skills for self and to teach their students for calmness
- Students struggling to achieving passing grades
- Parents dealing with children with behavior issues
What is included in this program?
- Simplified Common Language approach
- Easy to understand and use Model
- Colour Coded
- Numerical Coding
- Verbal Coding
- Designed to appeal to a large cross section of learning styles
- Key Skills to develop conscious competence ~ You know you know
- Audio programing to reinforce the learning thought unconscious competence practice - You don't know you've learned anything. But you feel better and more in control.
- Written programming for those that like to learn through reading
Why did I develop this program?
This program was born out of the frustration of finding no skill based programming to help myself (three challenges with death due to 2 battles with cancer), then my daughter (her brain tumour challenge-all good now) and me managing two chronic illness manage my health and life with more ease.
Imagine Yourself is a skill based program designed to help:
- Individuals, Families and Communities,
- Students, Educators and Schools
- Health Care Staff, Medical Professionals and Organizations
- Groups and Organizations deal with life's toughest times. What I call BIGStuff.
The program offers:
- 7 video skills
- 2 Audio Programs
- 4 Audio Stories
- Easy to understand Model
- Four Types of Energy
- 3 Optimal States
- 3 Less Optimal States
- Easy to understand process to shift our Energy
So the programs helps the participants learn key skills to assist them:
- Understand what they are experiencing
- Skills to help them gain a sense of control
- Common language approach to help them better communicate what they are experiencing
Plus some added information to assist us all better understand ourselves and each other.
Three less healthy states of being that we all visit everyday. However we need to take care our visits don't last too long. Plus we should use the skills to move out of these states as often as possible. However if we find we get stuck in one of them we should ask for help to get out of them.
- Easy to understand model
- 4 Energy types
- Each Energy State offers unique gifts
- Each Energy State can both build and block our quality of life
- Understand your favourite and least favourite state helps build self awareness
- The skills help us learn to manage our Energy
- The skills can help us change our Energy
Turtle Walking or Slow Walking
The practice of walking very very tight (Heel to toe, bent at the knees) forces the walker to concentrate and be mindful of their pace, their body and their breathing. A great way to gain added awareness of our energy
and our pace. Plus the walker should bend their knees to lower their centre of gravity.
> Steps and Options
o Slow and Quiet version
The key is to walk very slow with heel to toe footsteps with no sounds but quiet breathing.
The walker should walk so slow as to feel they might fall over if they went any slower.
This will help us practice and attain our Quiet and Slow energy.
o Slow and Loud version
The key is to walk very slowly with heel to toe footsteps, and make noise exhaling.
This will help us practice and attain more Slow and Loud Energies.
o Fast and Quiet version
The key is to walk very fast with heel to toe footsteps, and make no noise.
This will help us practice and attain more Fast and Quiet Energies.
o Fast and Loud version
The key is to walk very fast with heel to toe footsteps, and make a sound
(i.e. Race Car, Motor Boat) as we exhale.
This will help us practice and attain more Fast and Loud Energies.
For those that might have mobility challenges:
Instead of plain walking:
Use your canes
Use your walker
Use your fingers to “walk” across a table.
If you’re in a wheel chair go as slow as possible and move as above
The language we use shows us the vision, values and beliefs we hold to be true.
A resilient common language approach helps us to:
- Use basic words so that all ages can participate
- Helps us put things in a "Put our best foot forward" frame of mind
to help ensure the best possible experience and outcomes.