Hypnotherapy CPD: Change a Habit, Phobia or Compulsion
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 9 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You'll learn how to ask effective questions to assess the client's readiness to change, and their appropriateness for a one session approach.
You'll gain more confidence and improve your skills in conducting an effective and concise initial assessment.
You'll be guided through a number of very effective NLP techniques which dovetail very well with hypnosis.
- You'll learn how to seamlessly integrate these techniques to make them flow from one to the next.
- You'll learn how to be more effective and improve your results, when working with specific habits, phobias and compulsions
- You'll learn how to use NLP reframes, anchoring, collapsed anchors, and building new resource states .
- The majority of this training programme is delivered on video lectures. There are exercises, protocols and scripts accompanying the video lectures
This course is designed for qualified hypnotherapists and NLP practitioners who are interested in learning how to improve their skills to be more effective when working with a client presenting with a specific habit, phobia or compulsion.
The course will take you from the very first contact over the phone, right through to the end of the first session. You will learn how to ask effective questions, and make a thorough, but concise, assessment to ensure the client is ready and motivated to make the changes during the session.
The programme shows you how to integrate and implement a number of very effective interventions that are used regularly in my practice, that reliably achieve fast and effective results for clients. These techniques are very easy to learn and execute with clients, and seamlessly flow from one to the next.
We'll be integrating NLP reframes, anchoring resource states, collapsing problem states, finding and implementing new behaviours, conducting ecology checks, and ensuring effective assessment of the client's commitment to change.
- This course is primarily aimed at qualified hypnotherapists and NLP practitioners who are interested in learning more fast and effective advanced and embedded techniques to use with clients.
- You don’t have to be a registered practitioner to do the course, and anyone from beginner to advanced will benefit from it.
- You do need to be a great rapport builder. We’ll be doing some fast and effective assessments with clients before and during this session so you need to be able to develop rapport very very quickly with clients.
- You also need to be efficient at asking effective questions. Asking the right kinds of questions and getting the best from your client will be important to do fast change-work with your client.
This video lecture will introduce you to the course tutor, where she'll explain the purpose of integrating a session full of amazing techniques to use with your hypnotherapy clients presenting with specif habits, phobias and compulsions.
The initial contact is typically over the telephone. This video lecture will take you through the kinds of questions you'll need to ask, and the brief, but thorough, assessment you'll need to do before inviting the client in for the session.
Once the client has been assessed as being ready and motivated to make the necessary changes, they are invited in for the session. This video lecture will take you through the information gathering process at the initial face to face assessment stage with the client. The initial assessment is the most important part of being efficient with your interventions. If you don't know what you're working with and where you're going with it, it sure won't be easy to know what vehicle to use to get there!
The 7 Step Reframe is my adapted version of John Grinders', New Code NLP, 6 Step Reframe. It's much quicker and easier to implement and works very well with a one session approach. We'll work through the protocol in 7 easy steps to assist a client to find what purpose the behaviour serves and generate new behaviours to replace the problematic one.
The NLP Swish technique is a very easy and effective technique to implement with a client. It enables them to replace the problem behaviour with the resource state by visualising the implementation of the new behaviour. This video lecture will guide you right through the process in easy to learn steps.
The Lightstream technique is an expanded version of an ancient yoga technique, and even without formal hypnosis, will send your client into a trance! Using this, and my adapted version of Stein's Clenched Fist technique, we'll enable the client to reframe and collapse any remnants of the problem state.