How to Write Your Memoirs
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 1 Article
- 18 Supplemental Resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
- Understand exactly what a memoir is and is not
- Be able to search for and recall the memories of their life
- Determine what are thier main turning points in their lif thatshould be told to others
- learn how to stay focused for the long term, enabling them to fisnish this project
- Decide how to select which characters need otbe included or excluded from the memoir
- How to go about doing research
- Establish who will is the intended reader of the memoir, and why this is so important
- Learn to face reality and how open the writer will be in being open and revealing deep secrets
- learn how to polish a memoir
- Learn how to work with Ghostwriters
- Everything you need is included in this course.
With hundreds of request per month to write someone's story, the need to help others tell their story is staggering. This course is a step by step guide to help you write your story, the pages of your life. The process is a simple method of putting your thoughts together in an organized fashion, using many exercises for you to complete. Again, this is your story and no one else, and as such you have complete freedom to write as you wish. These exercises are intended to help you move along at a steady pace.
So ask yourself these questions. Do you have a legacy that needs to be preserved?
Would you like to see your life told in the form of a novel?
Or made into a movie?
Making you both rich and Famous
What words of wisdom do you want to leave for your family?
Would you like to have your life's work validated?
Or the record set straight?
When will you write your memoirs?
Tomorrow, or the next or . . .
- Anyone wishing to leave words of widsdom for the family and friends
- This course is for anyone with a legacy that needs preserving
- This course if for anyone wanting to share the moments of their life with others
- This course is for anyone that has a story that must be told
- This course is for anyone wanting to leave words of wisdonm for their family and friends
- Finally, a memoir can be the perfect way to set the records straight.
A memoir is so varied that it helps to define it for your own purposes. This will keep you on track
This can be perhaps the most fun part of this course, since we all love to think of the great events in our lives. However, this can be a way to work through the pains of events as well. in any case, gatheirng the information for the memoir is critical.
This is why it is so important to stay on track.
Research is the key to a great memoir. It can be used to fortify your position, or used to find answers you never obtained earlier. If a memoir is based on memories and nothing more, than the truth is what that person remembers and nothing else. If the story is based on research, it is based on the information collected and interpreted by the researcher.
Whose story is it any way? Many memoirs are told in first person giving them the feeling of a direct bond with the storyteller. But, it doesn’t have to be. It could be told in third person as in a novel based upon a person’s life. And, it could be told in second person with a close friends or narrator telling the story.
a lot of difference. If the book is presented as accurate and the whole book or even parts of it are later discovered to be completed made up to deceive the reader is one thing, but honest mistakes are another. Again, if the writer is up front with the fact the book is a work of fiction inspired by a true life; the reader is prepared for the fictional part of the book.
Writing a memoir is a major project. Defining the purpose will give you more motivation to complete it. Having a clear statement will guide you along. Staying on track will remind you why you are spending so much time doing it.
By determining the purpose for writing the memoir this point is covered in a large degree but needs a slight elaboration. If the memoir is written only for your children to read and even then after your death, many family secrets can be revealed. There are no rules and you can follow any method or style you want.If written for others to read and to publish for the world to understand your purpose brings on many new aspects. Deciding what family secrets to disclose or the tone you want to write can vary.
This covers the major points that you need to concentrate on, and will encourage you to do much more. This is often when a great editor comes in handy.
This lecture explores how to address these properly.
You will be able to better understand what your options are.