Sculpture for Everyone: How to Model an Eagle in Clay
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the tools and supplies needed to get started in clay modeling
Sketch an eagle on paper
Create a base where the clay model will stand
- Model each detail of the clay eagle
- Refine clay models
- You will need some basic modelling tools and clay. However, you may start the course without them, specially if you are not familiar with the subject, as in the first section we will go over the basic tools and materials.
This course will teach you how to model an eagle in clay in easy steps, from beginning to end.
Learn and master sculpting a realistic bird of prey, with this easy to follow method. You will watch short videos that show and explain each step in the process.
- Understand the tools and supplies needed to get started in clay modeling.
- Make study pencil sketches of your subject.
- Quickly build a rough sketch in clay.
- Create a base where the clay model will stand.
- Shape your eagle so it looks like an eagle!
- Make each detail of the clay eagle, such as eyes, beak and claws.
- Give realistic textures to each surface, like the feathers, skin and rock.
Enjoy your modeling endeavor.
This is a simple and workable approach to modeling an eagle that comes from many years of experience by an artist who was also a falconer!
You don't need any prior experience to start this course, and it can me successfully taken by beginners. However, this course can also be taken by advanced students or by professional sculptors who want to learn how to model an eagle. You will need some basic modeling tools and clay, as described in the first section of the course.
- This course is for artists who want to learn how to model an eagle. They can be beginners or new to the medium, as well as seasoned or professional artists who want to refine and practice their clay modeling skills. This course is not for those looking to learn molds or casting.
In this lecture you will learn about different options of modeling materials to use.
In this lecture you will learn about the different modeling tools you may use.