How to Manage Difficult Employees
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn to handle potentially emotional employee issues in an unemotional, businesslike way
Understand what it means to manage an employee "up or out"
Recognize why diligent documentation matters greatly when managing difficult employees
- Learn from a longtime Fortune 500 executive why adhering closely to Human Resources and company procedures in delicate personnel matters makes good business sense
- No requirements other than a desire to succeed in the field of management
Successfully managing difficult employees is an important management challenge. It can sap management time and energy, and cause stress and anxiety. This course provides a logical framework to help managers approach emotionally-charged employee situations in an unemotional, businesslike way. It describes why it's important to assess employee talent levels and understand employee motivations. It discusses the importance of managing someone "up or out," the reasons for diligent documentation, and the need to adhere closely to company policies in delicate personnel matters. The course includes management cases, plus questions for reflection.
- Anyone working in the field of management
- May be of most value to managers facing challenges with a difficult employee
Overview of the course's content, plus the instructor's background and approach. Students can gauge whether the course seems potentially valuable to them.
A question for reflection is asked, applying the section's learnings to a student's own management experience. Students will examine how closely they are documenting employee problems in their own position -- and see whether there's room for improvement.