- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 23 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Talk naturally and with confidence to a video camera
Write scripts that don't sound like it's scripted
Read scripts without sounding as though you are reading
- Know how to get a free teleprompter
- Use a teleprompter without looking like a frightened goldfish
- Become infinitely more photogenic - and we're not talking about makeup here
- Use simple on-camera body language to emphasize your message or to build your argumment
- Create professional intros
- Boost number of views and improve engagement
- NB THIS COURSE DOES NOT COVER TECHNICALITIES, SUCH AS CAMERAS, MICS, LIGHTING. It is all about making YOU more effective
- You will need some way to record video (iPhone, iPad, video camera or DSLR) No previous knowledge required.
Video creation. By the end of this course you will be able to give compelling, confident, professional talking-head videos
NB UPDATED AND TWO BONUS SECTIONS ADDED AUGUST 2015
Whether you want to create video-based courses, or whether you're a business-owner or a blogger, wanting to leverage the power of short videos online – you have a problem. You hate the thought of talking to a camera. Your natural enthusiasm drains away. It all feels so unnatural, it's embarrassing.
I'm going to help you change all that – fast
And as a 'quick win' - just 30 minutes from now, you'll have created your own professional Intro, with music – completely free of charge.
You'll learn how to eliminate 'ums and 'ers. except…er, where you decide to add them to increase the sensation of spontaneity – well-rehearsed spontaneity!
I'll show you how to write a script that doesn't SOUND like a script
How to read a script without sounding like you're reading
How to get hold of a FREE teleprompter – and how to use it without looking like a terrified goldfish
How to add the extra ENTHUSIASM a video needs, without being embarrassed or sounding like a used-car salesman
Simple body language techniques to REINFORCE a message and to BUILD your argument
Why this course? Well, because I'm NOT a BROADCASTER. I haven't spent hundreds of hours in professional studios, rubbing shoulders with media people. I'm just like you – a HUMAN. Someone who's had to learn all the wrinkles for myself. But NOW, I'm going to share them with YOU.
So, why not join me straight away? And by the end of today, there'll be a new, confident you – happy to appear to camera. Comfortable, knowing that you can do it.
- Course providers wanting to improve their promo videos and lesson delivery
- Business owners wanting to leverage the power of marketing videos
- Bloggers wanting to inject professional videos into their platform
Before we begin in earnest, l'd like to give you a very quick rundown on what you will learn - and where in the course you will find each topic. Takes only a couple of minutes.
YOU MAY BE ABLE TO SKIP THIS LESSON!
It's intended for people new to Udemy. It quickly shows you things like how to contact me with questions, how to download your notes, how to contact support and how to get your 'Certificate of Completion'.
One of the main inhibitors preventing people from appearing to-camera is feeling uncomfortable with our own looks. I give you a very simple (but incredibly effective) strategy to tone down our imperfections.