Do you want to learn how to create data dashboards with Google Data Studio and take advantage of the data revolution ? If yes, then you are in the right place.
In this course, you will learn how to create data dashboards with Google Data Studio even if you are a beginner. If you are an intermediate or advanced data analyst, you will discover how to visualize raw data into beautiful looking, engaging, impactful and interactive data dashboards that tell great data stories to support data driven decisions.
This course is designed for marketers, data analysts and anyone who relies on communicating stories with data. In fact, the lessons presented in the course have universal application from the perspective of digital marketing and beyond into the realms of social, economic and political data dashboards.
I will take you by the hand and we will travel the path together. We will move from the beginner stage to the intermediate and the advanced stages along the course. It will be an exciting journey.
Data dashboards are a great way to easily get better insights into your business, keep track of key performance indicators and metrics, data trends and compare data across different time periods. Google Data Studio turns your data into informative, meaningful, engaging and interactive dashboards and reports that are easy to read, easy to share, and fully customizable.
Google Data Studio is free in most parts of the world and you can create unlimited custom dashboards with full editing,sharing and collaboration capabilities.
This comprehensive course will arm you with a basic to advanced understanding of Google Data Studio and will give you the opportunity to take your data visualizations to a whole new level and tell impactful, engaging and interactive stories with your data. This course will take you by the hand and teach you all the elements in google data studio which will allow you to create beautiful dashboards to wow your audience. You will learn everything you need to know to build great looking data dashboards with Google Data Studio.
The steps are clearly laid down with walk-throughs so that you can follow along the course and create the desired outcome.
Here is the course outline to help you plan your learning experience.
1. Introduction To Dashboards And Google Data Studio
2. Why Should You Use Data Dashboards ?
3. Why Should You Use Google Data Studio ?
4. Understanding The Google Data Studio Interface
5. Understanding Data : Dimensions And Metrics
6. Types Of Dashboards
7. How To Connect Data Sources In Google Data Studio
8. Introduction To Data Visualization
9. How To Visualize Data With Geo Maps
10. How To Visualize Data With Scorecards
11. How To Visualize Data With Tables
12. How To Visualize Data With Charts - 1
13. How To Visualize Data With Charts - 2
14. How To Use Date Range Controls
15. How To Work With Dates And Time
16. How To Add Pages
17. How To Use Filter Controls
18. How To Work With Components
19. Report Layout Options In Google Data Studio
20. How To Style Your Reports
21. How To Create Calculated Fields
22. How To Share Dashboards In Google Data Studio
23. How To Create Dashboards From Templates With Sample Data
24. How To Create Dashboards From Templates With Own Data
25. How To Create Custom Dashboards With Data From Google Sheets
26. The Anatomy Of A Custom Google Adwords Dashboard
27. The Anatomy Of A Custom SEO Dashboard
28. The Anatomy Of A Custom Google Analytics Dashboard
29. How To View Google Data Studio Reports
30. How To Edit Google Data Studio Reports
31. How To Add, Remove And Restore A Data Source
32. How To Change The Data Source For A Component And A Page
33. How To Make A Copy Of A Google Data Studio Report
34. How To Delete And Restore A Google Data Studio Report
35. Sources Of Templates For Google Data Studio Dashboards
36. How To Group Data In Google Data Studio Dashboards
37. How To Deep Link To A Specific Report Page
38. How To Create A PDF Report In Google Data Studio
39. Dimensions And Metrics That Matter For A Content Effectiveness Dashboard
40. Final Thoughts And Next Steps
It is time to embrace the data culture. It is time to bring your data to life. It is time to tell stories with your data.
Don't play the guessing game in today's data driven environment. The data story is beginning to unfold. The question is : Are you there ?
Jayadeep Rath has been a digital marketing practitioner for the past 14 years and is a google adwords certified professional. He has worked across verticals in agency as well as in-house environments across multiple functions of digital marketing. He holds 6 certifications including Google Adwords Search, Google Adwords Display, Google Analytics, Adwords Mobile, Adwords Shopping and Adwords Video.