How to Create a Wordpress Website from Scratch - No Coding
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Choose the right domain name for your site
Get your web hosting set up
Create a subdomain for a development site
- Learn to add and manage content on your website
- Become proficient in WordPress to create websites for yourself or others
The main things we'll need to do to get a website live on the internet are:
- Register a Domain Name
- Set Up Web Hosting
- Install WordPress
You'll learn about domain names, what to keep in mind when choosing a name, and how to contact the owner if a domain name is already taken.
You'll see step by step how to register a domain name through NameCheap.
You'll see how to sign up for web hosting at the cheapest possible price.
One cent coupon code: buildwithoutcode1
25% off coupon code: buildwithoutcode
You'll learn what themes are and how they affect the look and feel of your website.
The way you customize a theme varies from theme to theme. You'll learn some of the main ways to customize a theme, see some examples of customizing a theme, and learn what to do if you can't figure out how to customize a certain theme. You'll learn about using a theme's homepage and WordPress support page to help you customize that theme.
I prefer using Disqus to manage comments over the native WordPress comment system. I'll go over some of the advantages of using Disqus, how to get it set up on WordPress, how to edit Disqus settings, and how to manage comments on Disqus. You'll also see how examples of Disqus in action.
- Any computer with internet access
- You'll need the WordPress software, but don't worry, it's free and we'll show you how to install it in the course!
- No coding or prior experience required
Learn how to make a website from scratch in just a few hours. I've cut out the fluff, so that you only learn what's most essential, as quickly as possible.
You'll learn exactly what you need to know to get your website live on the internet, and start customizing it with WordPress. No coding and no experience required.
With WordPress, you can make a business website to create an online presence, generate leads, or even sell products. You can also make a site for your personal brand to showcase your experience, work, and accomplishments. Last but not least, WordPress is the ideal platform for creating a blog. WordPress makes it easy to add and edit blog posts from multiple authors, complete with images, videos, audio, and other media.
This includes the following topics:
- What you need to create a website
- What is a domain name
- How to register a domain name
- What is web hosting
- How to get and set up the cheapest web hosting
- What is WordPress
- How to install WordPress
- What is a subdomain
- How to create a subdomain to use as a development site
- How to use the WordPress dashboard and toolbar
- How to find and customize a WordPress theme
- How to use plugins
- How to use widgets
- How to add and edit posts
- How to add and edit pages
- How to create and customize menus
- How to add images, video, audio, and other media
- How to manage comments
Concerned that you might not like the course? No worries, if this it doesn't provide the value you expected, you can get a full refund within 30 days.
You don't need a computer science degree and you don't need to pay a developer thousands of dollars to create a beautiful, professional website.This is the course I wish I had when I first started making websites. Now go get started!
- Anyone who wants to create a website
- Anyone who wants to learn how to use WordPress