How to Give Effective Performance Feedback Every Time
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- provide clear, confident, high impact feedback
improve the performance of others by giving high quality, high value feedback
avoid the common traps that causes most feedback to be ineffective
- ensure the feedback you receive is high quality and of personal value
- You want to improve the performance of your team, or those around you
- You are keen to learn skills you can apply everyday
- A willingness to participate fully and commit to action.
- It is useful to have some specific examples of feedback challenges you are facing as well as previous feedback experiences
The ability to give high impact performance feedback to others is one of the core communication skills of effective performance management. Great performance feedback motivates teams, engages individuals, provides clarity and delivers results. It also allows managers to tackle performance issues quickly and turn around under performance issues before they become major challenges. Unfortunately, much of the performance feedback we give (and receive) is typically low quality and ineffective. This course will help you change that, showing you how to ensure the feedback you give and receive is high quality, high impact performance feedback. Learn to use feedback confidently to make a real difference to others. It doesn't matter whether you are a manager of others who wants to give much more effective performance feedback, or if you are seeking to strengthen personal relationships through confident, clear and open feedback; the skills learned will help you achieve that. If you have ever regretted not clearly explaining your view or feelings to others, or felt frustrated that people don't seem to respond to your feedback efforts, this course is for you.
- People who manage the performance of other people in some way
- Individuals who feel they lack the confidence to give honest feedback to others
- People who want stronger relationships built on openness and trust
- This course is not for those who wish to manipulate, dominate or humiliate others as a means of performance improvement
- Managers who want to sharpen their skills
Let's make sure we are all talking about the same thing. Feedback is any communication that gives others information about themselves or their impact.
You can never get enough practice to hone your skills and develop new habits.