Find online courses made by experts from around the world.
Take your courses with you and learn anywhere, anytime.
Learn and practice real-world skills and achieve your goals.
Hello and welcome to Math for Grade 6/7. Completing this course will provide you with the basic concepts and skills in preparation for Grade 8 Math. This course is based on the Provincial Curriculum for British Columbia, Canada. Please take the time to apply the skills covered in a way that is meaningful to you personally, by applying the skills in context.
· Home school students or students who are looking for extra support in math such as tutoring. Parents looking to provide homeschooling or tutoring support to their children will want to sign their children up for this course.
What is the course about?
· This course covers all major topics in the Grade 7 Math curriculum for British Columbia, Canada.
· Topics range from Data Analysis to Fractions to Percent to Algebra and Geometry.
· There are 29 video lessons that cover the British Columbia, Canada curriculum that are laid out in a logical and easy to follow format.
· There are 5 practice/sample questions with an answer key for each video lesson topic.
· One sample lesson as to how to apply the concepts taught in a personal way to yourself to make your learning more relevant.
How long to complete course?
· The course could be completed over the course of a week assuming one hour of study per day.
How course is structured:
· The course begins with an introduction explaining how to use the instructional videos and then is grouped into topical themes that progress sequentially.
· Each video lesson builds on the skills from the previous lesson.
Why take the course?
· This course is well suited to home school students or students looking for extra support with the basics of math for grade 6 or 7. Taking your time with this course and applying the skills covered in a relevant way to yourself will result in a strong understanding of the concepts covered in grade 7 math.
Not for you? No problem.
30 day money back guarantee.
Learn on the go.
Desktop, iOS and Android.
Certificate of completion.
|Section 1: Introduction|
How to use the course materialPreview
An example of how to make learning relevant in a meaningful wayPreview
|Section 2: Data Analysis|
Stem and Leaf PlotsPreview
|Section 3: Fractions|
Add, Subtract Like Fractions
Add, Subtract Unlike Fractions
|Section 4: Fractions, Decimals, Percent|
Division with Repeating Decimals
Fractions, Decimals, Percent
Fractions as a Percent
|Section 5: Decimals|
Add, Subtract Decimals
|Section 6: Integers|
Add, Subtract Integers
Multiplying, Dividing Integers
|Section 7: Algebra|
Algebra, one step equations
Algebra, one step equation part two
Algebra, two step equations
|Section 8: Percent|
Percent part 1
Percent, part 2
Percent, part 3
Percent, part 4
|Section 9: Geometry|
Surface Area, part 2
Surface Area, part 3
Hello and let me introduce myself. My name is Toby Beck and I currently am a teacher in the West Vancouver School District, in British Columbia, Canada. I have a Degree in English, a Degree in Education and a Graduate Diploma in Education Technology. I have taught in West Vancouver, for the past twelve years. I am an avid user of digital tools in my classroom and am excited to use such tools to reach a wider audience. I have presented at numerous Computer Using Educators conferences in the Pacific Northwest over the years. I am a constructivist teacher and often employ Challenge Based Learning or Self Directed Learning in my teaching practice. I am also intrigued as to how the push and pull of nature vs nurture plays out in the classroom and at home for students. Outside of the classroom I play soccer and am a huge Barcelona FC fan.