Gourmet Grains- Culinary Delights for Whole Foods Lovers!
- 5.5 hours on-demand video
- 15 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- My Gourmet Grains cookbook in PDF download format.
My “Cookbook Chat” (15-20 min. video) from my backyard, in which I provide an overview of my book’s content and share inspiration for preparing my recipes.
My “Deep Dish Self-Inner View” (is a mini book) in which I interview myself about my book and recipes.
- The Aromatic Stovetop with grain cooking instructions, plus cookware and kitchen utensil tips
- Pantry of Splendor featuring condiments, seasonings, garnishes, sauces, nut butters, ghee, toasted nuts and seeds, sprouts, cheeses, vegetables, meatless ingredients, spices, herbs, and fortifiers, with a summary of their nutritional benefits and culinary uses.
- 20 Recipe demos from “Candia’s Kitchen”, to get you started making some of my delicious four-season recipe faves!
- 8 Tabletop TUTORS™ colorful info graphics/teaching posters
- Students will need to have an interest in learning how to use ancient grains in contemporary cuisine. No software is needed. There are no specific actions students need to perform before starting the course. They just need to have an open mind and heart for learning.
If you’re a whole foods lover who enjoys preparing rustic, gourmet meals, or you're simply ready to explore the creative world of whole grain cookery, you’ll marvel at the way you can turn ancient grains such as quinoa, millet, teff, amaranth, basmati rice, and wild rice, into delicious and hearty dining pleasures. Whole, organically raised grains, when prepared in the traditional way (as our ancestors prepared them) offer to be healthful additions to many diets. They're a great source of minerals, and their fiber benefits your intestinal health and fortitude. By eating more grains, and less meat, you'll also lighten your ecological footprint!
Here’s a sample of the 96 savory recipes featured in my course. The recipes are suitable for everyday dining as well as special occasions:
- Mexican Garden Fiesta Millet Dish ( A Prize-Winning Dish!)
- Country Herb (Dill) Millet Salad (with Lemon Dressing & Toasted Walnuts)
- Native American Millet Stuffing (with Corn, Black Beans, and Hot Sauce)
- Savory Millet Stuffed Cabbage Rolls with Red Sauce
- Quinoa Parmesan with Garlicky Green Beans and Tomatoes
- Rustic Cheesy Quinoa Artichoke Bake (New; not in Book)
- Quinoa Tabouli Salad (with Lemony Garlic Yogurt Dressing & Sun Sprouts)
- Festive Moroccan Quinoa Party Salad (New; not in book)
- Northwoods Wild Rice with Craisins and Pecans
- Savory, Melt in Your Mouth Wild Rice
- Cranapple Waldorf Wild Rice Salad (with Pineapple Kefir Dressing)
- Autumn Harvest Veggie Loaf (New; not in book)
- Sesame Buttered Brown Rice & Vegetable Dish
- Spanish Garden Rice with Tempeh ‘Bacon’
- Curried Eggplant Basmati Rice
- Himalayan Rice Dish with Ginger Curry Dal
- Macaroni Spelt (Spelt with Cheddar Cheese Flavored Sauce)
- Potato Salad Spelt
- Eggplant Amaranth Bake
- Veggie Stuffed Squash with Curry Butter Teff Sauce
In this special package, you’ll get:
- “Cookbook Chat”Video: An overview of my book’s content and recipe faves.
- “Deep Dish" Mini-Book- I interview myself about my book and recipes. Be inspired by the legend and lore of whole grains. Get insights about using your right and left brain to cook. Learn how to turn cooking into an effort of the soul, and much more!
- Gourmet Grains cookbook in a downloadable PDF format. This is offered as a complete book and features:
- Pantry of Splendor featuring condiments, seasonings, garnishes, sauces, nut butter, ghee, toasted nuts and seeds, sprouts, cheeses, vegetables, meatless ingredients, spices, herbs, and fortifiers, with a summary of their nutritional benefits and culinary uses.
- The Aromatic Stovetop with grain cooking instructions, plus cookware and kitchen utensil tips.
'Candia's Kitchen' - Watch me prepare 20 of my 4-season recipes on video.
8 Tabletop TUTORS™ colorful info-graphics/teaching posters, including:
1) Turning Cooking Into an Effort of the Soul
2) Choosing Eco-Friendly Cookware
3) Eating with the Seasons, A Way to Stay Balanced
4) Butter for Your Bones, Your Brain, and Your Gut
5) Where Do the Fruits and Vegetables You Eat Come From?
6) Why To Eat (The Right Kind of) Salt
7) Processed Vegetable Oils: The Unappetizing Truth
8) 10 Ecological Reasons to Eat One Vegetarian Meal A Week
- The recipes in this cookbook package are for people (older and younger alike) who are interested in learning how to cook and eat more whole grains. Candia takes a casual and fun approach to preparing food, and for this reason, it’s feels like she’s inviting you to drop by her house during the dinner hour, to watch her play with natural food ingredients in creative new ways. She always shares interesting nutritional tidbits and health guidance.