I have graduated from the University of Pune in India with a Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Computer Engineering.
I have over 11+ years of experience in the industry working on Web 2.0, Ajax, HTML 5 and Usability. I am currently working as an Directory of Engineering at Synerzip Softech.
In last 5 years I have delivered many live talks on various topics. The topics vary from UI (Ajax, HTML 5, GWT), Cloud (AWS,Google App Engine,Hadoop), Mobile (Android, PhoneGap, Sencha Touch 2) to frameworks like (Spring Roo, Spring MVC, etc).
I am also the author of book "Beginning PhoneGap". I am also the founder of 2 technical groups
1. TechNext - http://meetup.com/technext
2. Pune GDG - http://meetup.com/pune-gdg
Please visit my profile - http://www.rohitghatol.com
Take your courses with you and learn anytime, anywhere.
Learn and practice real-world skills and achieve your goals.
Get Started with using Sencha Touch 2. In this lecture, we will begin from scratch and build a simple Sencha Touch 2 application which does following
1. How to create a basic sencha touch 2 app from command prompt?
2. How to launch this app using chrome?
3. Add 2 Tabs namely Home, Places. The Places tab shows the result from Google Places json restful service
4. Use Model, Store and Proxy to populate the list
5. Style the List to show contents
6. Add Details Screen and a Details controller to show Details of a Place when user clicks on the Item in List
Part 2 of Get Started with using Sencha Touch 2. In this lecture, we will extend our previously created Sencha Touch App to add following features
1. Allow user to add places to his favorite list
2. Store this favorite list beyond browser or mobile application session
3. Provide a third tab where user can see his/her favorite list
Internally we will learn to use the following
1. Use of localstorage store
2. Persisting and Removing entries from localstorage
3. Issues with localstorage and work around them
1. Learn and Understand Profiles in Sencha Touch 2
2. A Simple Example of Profiles
What this video does not cover
1. Best Practices for Profile
2. Bug Free or Complete Example Tutorial
I have left some bugs to be fixed by you or problems to be solved by you. This is by design.
Sencha Touch in general is said to have a steep learning curve, yet you have made it clear how to many of the most need items in a mobile app. Simple, concise and beneficial.