- 3 hours on-demand video
- 35 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Increase fundraising results by engaging your board members
Define board roles and responsibilities
Create opportunities for board members to participate in fundraising at all levels
- Empower board members to lead fundraising efforts in their organizations
- Understand an effective partnership between board members, CEO’s and professional fundraising staff
- Determine ways board members can participate in donor stewardship
- Create a committee structure that will enhance board fundraising efforts
- Provide board members with training to improve fundraising results
- Evaluate and celebrate board’s fundraising efforts
- Recruit board members who will actively participate in development
- You will need an openness to looking at fundraising in your organization as a team sport
Do you struggle to get your nonprofit board members interested or engaged in fundraising?
Does your board even know that fundraising is something they should be participating in?
Do you want to change that?
Empowering and engaging your board in the fundraising process is the way to do it!
This course will discuss the importance of a fundraising board in meeting your organization's mission. The course includes a review of board roles and responsibilities, specifically fundraising, and offer resources on why and how board members can fundraise. We will discuss the time it takes for successful board and staff fundraising as well assess where your board is now in current fundraising policy, comfort level and readiness.
This course will talk about how you can prepare your board to participate and lead fundraising activities, including suggestions for education, engagement and empowerment of all board members. It also includes the opportunity to evaluate and celebrate your board’s fundraising efforts as well as discuss how to find fundraising board members and address potential conflicts of interest related to fundraising efforts and service on multiple boards.
Seasoned board members and staffers charged with fundraising efforts alike will benefit from the comfortable discussion style as well as the many resources on empowering and engaging your board included.
- Nonprofit CEO's, Executive Directors, Development Professionals, Board Members
- This course is meant for anyone responsible for working with board members of a nonprofit organization.
- This course is especially relevant for those in charge of leading the fundraising and development process of the board including the Board Chair/President, Fundraising Committee and Chair, and CEO/Executive Director.
- Both paid staff and board/committee volunteers can benefit from this class.
A brief look at what we cover in the course, how I structured the course and how to find out what each lecture contains. This lecture includes a downloadable PDF of the Table of Contents.
NOTE: As of June, 2018 this course is no longer offered under CFRE CE.
In this lecture we discuss the nonprofit sector including charitable design and serving the public good purpose. We discuss how fundraising helps nonprofits build their community and support their mission.
In this lecture we discuss basic board roles and responsibilities.
In this lecture we discuss how to determine your board's current comfort level with development.