- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 14 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create a development plan that will allow you to increase fundraising results for your nonprofit organization
Select the fundraising activities that will work best for your organization
Create a useful timeline of fundraising activities
- Differentiate between fundraising and development in order to increase the effectiveness of both
- Determine the effectiveness of current fundraising activities
- Evaluate the internal and external factors that impact your fundraising effectiveness
- Identify your fundraising team (and that’s not just you)
- Set achievable financial goals
- Set meaningful strategic goals for your development program
- While not necessary, it is helpful to have a copy of any current fundraising plans with you as you work through this course
- You will need a desire to improve your fundraising and a willingness to invest the time in creating a practical development plan
Do you hold countless fundraising activities, trying to bring in more dollars for your nonprofit organization?
Do you feel like you're on a hamster wheel of special events and direct mail campaigns?
Want to get off the hamster wheel?
A well-constructed development plan is your ticket!
Create a Development Plan So You Can Raise More Money.
Start by determining where you are. Then decide where you want to go. Finally set a map for getting there.
This course will walk you step by step through the techniques necessary to create a development plan that will get the staff and volunteers around you working toward well-crafted financial and strategic fundraising goals. Many nonprofits launch into fundraising by creating a special event and before they've recovered from that event, they launch into another one. If this sounds like your organization, we've got a better way to do things.
This course provides you with tools and resources to use again and again when creating your fundraising plan. Whether you are approaching the beginning of your fiscal year or already in the middle of it, this course teaches you to create a comprehensive plan to complete the fundraising cycle: identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors.
Brand new fundraisers and experienced professionals will benefit from the comfortable discussion style with over 2.5 hours of video lectures, Sara Leonard, CFRE, MBA, and Louanne Saraga Walters. You’ll become part of the discussion as you determine what to keep, what to add and what to eliminate from your nonprofit’s development plan.
- This course is meant for anyone with responsibilities for fundraising in a nonprofit organization
- Both paid staff and volunteers can benefit from this class
A brief look at what we cover in the course, how I structured the course and how to find out what each lecture contains. This lecture includes a downloadable PDF of the Table of Contents.
NOTE: As of June, 2018 this course is no longer offered under CFRE CE.
In this lecture, we will show you how a development plan will help your organization raise more money year round.