Find online courses made by experts from around the world.
Take your courses with you and learn anywhere, anytime.
Learn and practice real-world skills and achieve your goals.
This course is the most comprehensive introduction to investing for Beginners and Intermediate levels, and is suitable for people from all backgrounds. If you have between 0 and 2 years of experience in Financial markets, this course will take you up at least 3 levels higher.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
FOUR KEY BONUS STRATEGIES FOR IMMEDIATE PROFITS
This course includes FOUR key strategies for long term investors and traders. These can produce hundreds of dollars or more a month immediately after you take the courses
And an additional BONUS: How to hedge your stock during Volatile Earnings events
Not for you? No problem.
30 day money back guarantee.
Learn on the go.
Desktop, iOS and Android.
Certificate of completion.
|Section 1: Course introduction, Instructor details, Objectives & Key Benefits for Students|
Introduction, Key Benefits of course including 4 key strategies for profitsPreview
|Section 2: "The Big Picture" The Macro financial world, Money flows and Investment sources|
Institutional investors, Retail investors and Financial market sizes
Where are these Trillions of dollars being invested - Global Money Flows
The State of Global Financial markets in 2016. What to watch for in 2016Preview
|Quiz 1||2 questions|
Quiz on Section 2 materials
|Section 3: Financial instruments, Asset Classes, and what can people invest in|
Introduction to Asset Classes. These are the instruments we use for investmentsPreview
Introduction to Equities and Equity-related products (commonly known as Shares)
Introduction to Bonds and Fixed Income, and the US and global bond markets
Introduction to commodities and Metals - Oil, Gold, Silver, Corn, Copper etc.
Introduction to Foreign Exchange (or FOREX), and the main Currencies
Introduction to Advanced asset classes like Derivatives, Futures and Options
Derivatives - Introduction to Options - The most strategic investing instrument
Introduction to Alternative asset classes like Private Equity, Venture Capital
|Section 4: Section 4: Core investment and trading concepts|
Study of Risk and Expected returns from asset classes. And hierarchy of returns
Differences between Investing and Trading. Understand which style you fit into
Concept of Valuation of a company - True value of a Stock. Methods of valuation
Introduction to the Trading Platform with various examples that will be usedPreview
Fundamental analysis and Fundamental style of investing. Who will this benefit
Technical Analysis and Technical style of Investing. The wisdom of Crowds study
Value Investing - Warren Buffett's approach. Long term investing Buy and Hold
Types of Accounts for a Beginner. Discussion of cash and margin accounts
Pros and Cons of Leverage (Margin). Is margin good or bad. Using margin
Practice and know or understand YOUR style and investing approach - CRITICAL
|Quiz 2||1 question|
Section 4 Quiz
|Quiz 3||1 question|
Section 4 quiz
|Quiz 4||1 question|
Quiz on Section 5
|Section 5: Section 5: Investing in Stocks (Equities) and Equity-related products|
The fundamentals of Stocks. Ownership in a company and its benefitsPreview
Key Stock and Market concepts required for any kind of investment in markets
Study of the main Global Indices, and their relationships and components
Study of Index funds. Why this could be the best no-brainer investment for many
What is "Shorting" a stock , Market Equilibrium and Portfolio diversification
Order Types - The main Order types available on most platforms.
Earnings Reports, Uncertainty and Stock Volatility that happens every Quarter
Bonus Strategy : Hedging Stocks during Earnings events to blunt the volatility
|Quiz 5||1 question|
Question on shorting
|Section 6: Section VI - Stock-related instruments : MUTUAL FUNDS|
What are Mutual Funds, History and Size of Mutual funds, and Investing resources
The advantages of Mutual Funds (Pros), and why this could be a starting point
The negatives (shortcomings) of Mutual Funds (Cons). Investors must be aware
|Quiz 6||1 question|
Section 6 quiz
|Section 7: Section VII - Stock-related instruments : Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)|
Introduction to the fascinating "Wide world of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
Detailed Study and Analysis of various ETFs available for investors
The different types of ETFs, and the specific role they each play.
Study of Industry sectors and Sector ETFs. Sectoral investments can be rewarding
Bonus Strategy with ETFs: Trade the ETF itself, Options or Arbitrage trade
|Quiz 7||1 question|
Section 7 quiz
|Section 8: Section VIII - Study of Technical Analysis and various Trading Styles|
Technical analysis details and aand the study of different Trading styles
Study of Moving Averages and how they define the trend on various timeframes.
Understanding Support and Resistance. Key technical analysis tool for investors
The MACD Momentum Indicator. Determining the strength behind a stock move
What are Bollinger Bands and how can to use them. Identifying extreme conditions
Fibonacci Retracements. An age-old methodology as applied to markets effectively
Oscillators for Overbought and Oversold conditions - Study of RSI and Percent R
Sample Trades - Long term, Swing and Day (or short term) trading
|Quiz 8||1 question|
Section 8 Quiz
|Section 9: Section 9: The Bond Markets and Fixed Income|
Bond Markets overview - Global and US Bonds, Risk On and Risk Off modes etc.
Bond prices and their relationship to Interest rates and Inflation
Central Banks, Federal Reserve, Asset Bubbles, Bailouts and Money printing
Investing or Trading in Bonds and the various instruments available
Trade Updates on existing trades
|Quiz 9||1 question|
Section 9 quiz
|Section 10: Section 10 : Investing in Commodities, Precious Metals like Gold, Silver and Oil|
Types of Commodities - and why they play a key role in the global economy
Gold - Is it precious OR a Safe Haven OR a Currency ??? Will Gold be a currency
Study of Oil and the Energy complex. Detailed study of extreme volatility in Oil
Investing and Trading instruments for various Commodities
|Quiz 10||1 question|
Section 10 quiz
|Section 11: Section 11: Foreign Exchange (Forex) and currency markets|
Currency Pairs, co-relationships, Leverage and reasons currencies fluctuate
Spot Forex market, Forex Futures and Forex ETFs and the differences between each
Sample currency trade on FXB. Why this trade makes sense based on current news
Closing the British Pound trade FXE for 30% profits
|Quiz 11||1 question|
Section 11 quiz
|Section 12: Section 12 : Investing with Futures|
What are Futures, and which types of Futures are traded on a global market
Trading the Futures Live - Live trades on S&P 500 Futures and the Euro Futures
Trade Update: Closing ES Futures and AAPL stock
|Quiz 12||1 question|
Section 12 Quiz
|Section 13: Section 13 : Investing with Options|
Why Options are a unique and strategic instrument than any others in the market
Introduction to Options - Lecture 1 of 6 series
Call Options - Definitions and Details. Understand what a Call option is
Real-world example of a Call Option, so you'll have no more confusion
Introduction to Put Options and Definition of a Put option
Put Option Definitions and the right to sell assets at much higher prices
Real world example of a Put Option. And why we all trade in Put Options
Future steps to mastering Options. A look at the learning curve in Options
BONUS STRATEGY 2: How to Buy Stocks at much lower prices that what it trades for
BONUS STRATEGY 3: How to sell create income every month from stocks you own
BONUS STRATEGY 4: How to protect your Stocks if you think they're going to crash
|Quiz 13||2 questions|
Quiz on Sec 13
|Section 14: Section 14 : Investing into alternatives like Hedge Funds and Private Equity|
Knowledge. Strategy. Execution.
Hari Swaminathan is the founder of OptionTiger, a cutting-edge Options Mentoring company, and a full-circle educator in all areas of Financial Markets, Hari has developed several proprietary Intellectual Property "methods and approaches" around enhancing base case Options strategies (which favor the Market Makers) and turns that deficit into a massive EDGE on the trader's side.. Like building a powerful Strategy "for all Option Strategies".
Hari is self-taught in Options and actively trading these instruments for almost 10 years, mostly through trial and error. Trial and error in general, is an excellent method of learning, but applied in this context, trial and error CAN BE EXPENSIVE. My courseware focuses on this aspect mostly, so you can avoid losing money in the 1 to 2 years when you're learning. Yes, it does take that long, if not more. If the markets were indeed simple, you'd have everyone involved in it. Patience, Diligence, and Determination are what you need during this time.
Hari has a Bachelors degree in Engineering from India, and MBA's from Columbia University in NYC and London Business School in London UK.
More than ever, its become important for normal people to take charge of their financial situation, and truly understand how financial markets, and the various asset classes, trading nuances really work. Investing in the financial markets is no longer a HANDS-OFF ACTIVITY. There's no point blaming financial advisors after the fact. Now, it's become crucial for everyone to do "their OWN homework", so you can decide for yourself whether something is good or risky. This is of course easier said than done, and that's exactly where we come in.
My mission is to educate everyday people on the deep, strategic underpinnings of the stock markets, and exploit that knowledge with the use of OPTIONS. THERE IS NOTHING RANDOM about the markets. There are surprises all the time, but there's always a method behind every madness. And my goal is to get you to this point of understanding and awareness. That's when it starts to fit in.
Knowledge, Education, Crafting Breakthrough strategy, Technical analysis, Following Smart Money, Risk management, Disciplined Money management, and near flawless Execution approaches are just a few of the crucial points emphasized in all the Courses. Video-based education courseware, Practical workshops, several elite proprietary Advanced systems, a 4-week Live Mentoring program are just a few things we offer. The goal is to provide a "full circle" education in the Markets, which is necessary before it starts "fitting in".
Let's break down the Options game in a realistic manner.
1. Options were invented out of thin air. And the people who invented them won Nobel Prizes for their invention (Fisher and Black). It is purely a "Mathematical" concept, with no real connections to the external world except for one, that's defined implicitly in its design.. Its fascinating, mathematical, strategic, risky, but can also provide the basis for life-long income streams. There's focus on Analysis, Data science, Statistical Modeling and Probability theory.
2. This gives rise to very complex but interesting analytical scenarios. It also gives us the ability to model Options with a set of tools like a car dashboard. In many cases, you don't need to see what's going in the Markets, or the Stocks themselves. This data is embedded in the mathematical formulas that underpin Options structure itself, and you can operate on the basis of your Dashboard.
3. Because everything in Options is defined in mathematical terms, its also important to realize that OPTIONS will always be the same. The math behind Options will always be the same. Forever. Unless they discover serious flaws in the formulas and models used by these Nobel winners. And of course, sadly, if it were the case, the Nobel prizes would have to be retracted and we go back to the drawing board again. But today, several well developed markets around the world exist purely based on their Mathematical Modeling of RISK.
4. Options and Chess have LARGE overlaps. You may agree that Chess is a game of "skill". It's a game of Strategy and depends upon how well you can plan (ahead) to attack, defend or take a neutral position. We also believe that Chess is strategy-focused and depends upon certain mathematical principles. Why or How do we know this - The reason we know its a game of skill is : Try to play 100 chess games with Kasparov or Anand. Normal people are almost guaranteed a loss in all 100 games. So it has to be a game of skill. And why do we know its underlying features are mathematics based. The fact that a computer like Deep Blue beat the GrandMaster Garry Kasparov in 1997, proved to be both shocking, and revealing at the same time. While human beings abilities have not increased in exponential terms during the last 20 years, and we may be able to plan 3 or 4 or 5 moves ahead, the computer of today can calculate a 1000 moves ahead, go down every possible path, and record the outcomes like photographic memory. This is a capability that humans may never achieve, proving that Math plays a key role. So today, every professional Chess player refuses to play the machine, because it's almost guaranteed that the Masters WILL LOSE EVERY GAME.
5. Lastly, You MUST believe this completely - Options, just like Chess, are a "skill set", and requires acquiring a deep set of analytical skills much more so than most skill sets in the world, and THEY can only be MASTERED over a period of time. Once you understand Options better, you'll realize how true this is. We cannot turn into a Kasparov in a matter of weeks or even a few months. It does NOT work like that. But once you go through this process that can go for 1 to 2 years or more (depending upon your commitment to this process), there is a very powerful light at the end of this tunnel. You build a skill set for life. Age, Geographical location, Lifestyles, or Weather are no longer a barrier to creating consistent income streams, regardless of who you are, where you are, or how old you are.
This is very POWERFUL stuff.
Now let's look at the negatives. This is what most people will NOT tell you. Anyone that tells you Options are SIMPLE, and you can make extra ordinary income easily, is JUST NOT TRUE. I will tell you Options can be brutal if you simply apply speculative methodologies. Then you should just STICK TO STOCKS, which are nothing BUT speculation, with a minute role in STRATEGY Give yourself time to master this CRAFT. And once you can develop a SYSTEMATIC approach to every situation (which is the Real Game), you'll be well on your way to consistent performance.
Options are easily the most fascinating financial instrument with several upside benefits, but also an equally powerful set of negatives.
1. Options have a steep learning curve. Don't expect to become Kasparov in a couple of months. Or even a year or two. And why is this important to realize: Because we are playing a Kasparov or Anand every time we enter the Options market. Market Makers who are 99% of the time, the counter party to all Options trades, are Options professionals, with 10 to 20 years of experience, in performing their "legal duty" of providing liquidity. While we have hours to plan our attack, the Market Maker literally has a few seconds. In a normal day, a market maker can do many thousands of trades. One can only be in awe of their skills.
2. If you're interested in Options, try NOT approach it with a mindset or requirement of making money. This is not only NOT going to happen, but its a recipe for disaster. It's like a student of Medicine wanting to practice their skills after 2 months of study. To develop a meaningful batting average, you will need Time, Patience, and Perseverance. They don't develop overnight. Focus completely on the learning, ideally practicing on paper money accounts because you WILL LOSE at first.
3) As someone that has self-learnt Options and through making mistakes from Trial and Error, I can tell you Options trading is not something you should take lightly. You will hear people talking of fantastic triple and quadruple digit returns. I'm here to be brutally honest with you -
- Be very very careful in the first 12 months of Options trading.
- This is when everyone is the most vulnerable to losing money.
- Your main objective during this time is to focus on learning this craft and NOT lose (too much) money
Having said that, if you can get past the first 12 months and acquire the expertise in a Systematic manner with Systematic approaches to every situation, true financial independence awaits.
You can trade Options from anywhere in the world, regardless of how old you are. You never have to worry about job security any more because you have a skill that can produce consistent income month after month.
But you have some serious but exciting work to do before you get there, and I'm here to help you in this journey.
Watch my Free Mini-courses or my YouTube channel , all of which have the highest quality education in Options as well as Financial Markets..
And join me in my UDemy courses, where I share cutting-edge theoretical knowledge mixed with practical insights, strategy and impeccable execution approaches, through live trading examples. How do we know it's all this (don't just go by my word). Check what 25,000 students have to say in 2100 Reviews, with almost 2000 of them being 5-Star or 4-Star
If you have any questions at any time, please feel free to message me on Udemy.
The order to follow on my Udemy courses
Comprehensive guide to Financial Markets, Investing and Trading
Options Trading Beginners Bundle (3-course Bundle)
Advanced Options Concepts
Options spreads and credit spreads Bundle
Technical analysis and Chart reading Bundle
After this, the order does not matter. You can take any of the courses as per your interest.