Civil Engineering Courses by Hamid El Darwich:
You need a course that tells you everything about Civil Engineering ? it's here.
Story of the Course:
When I was first year in college, nobody told me what Civil Engineering is about; you know people just say its designing buildings (but nothing specific !!), so I started asking myself: then what is the difference between civil engineering and architecture. Therefore, I had no idea about what I was going to learn in college and I had no idea whether I will like it or not.
I think colleges should give their students an overview about what they expect to learn from Civil Engineering. To solve this issue, I decided to create this course to help prospective students decide whether or not they really like civil engineering based on facts that I am going to state.
Why to take the course:
if you are a high school student or a student from other major considering transfer, then you should take this course because the information here might convince you to become a Civil Engineer.
Briefly, what is Civil Engineering:
The definition of Civil Engineering – as I see it- is a profession that deals with civilization development. Civil Engineering is the distant cousin of Military Engineering. The first is deals with cities and development, and the latter deals with defending the same city.
What are exactly the points covered in this course:
I will give an overview about every single course in Civil Engineering Branches. We have 5 Branches in Civil Engineering:
After the course:
Students completing the course will have basic understanding of what Civil Engineering is about. This objective understanding will help you decide whether or not you should become a Civil Engineer.
The course is easy to follow; all of the resources needed are posted in the course content. What are you waiting for ! register now and have fun :)
Introducing some of the popular software in the industry. Please check the PDF file in the resource section to see the names of these software.
In this lecture I tell you my opinion about Civil Engineering.
Hamid El Darwich is a Civil Engineer from the Lebanese American University.
- Placed on High Distinction list since 2013.
- Member of LAU Honor Society.
- Former Research Assistant (Non-Destructive Testing of Concrete).
- Civil Engineering Laboratory Assistant at Lebanese American University.
- Writer at We Are Not Numbers (WANN): Writing about Refugees in Lebanon
- Applying for a PhD in Mechanics, Materials, & Structures in the United States.
- Founder of Civil Engineering Philosophy channel where all of the revenues are devoted to charity
- Hamid teaches RC Design, Highway Design, Discrete Structure, Calculus, Critical Thinking, etc.
- Teaching over 2,500 students online
- Hamid's interests include bodybuilding, reading philosophical fiction books, writing, and gaming