This course will help you understand the financial choices and options at each stage of your life. After completing this course you will have enough information to have an intelligent discussion with your financial advisor, accountant, lawyer, or broker.- Learn how to talk to your children about money and be able to assist them in developing good monetary habits.
- University Years Understand student loans and the smart uses for debt.
- Early Career Years This is the time to focus on reducing any student loans and building up a credit score.
- In your Thirties Home ownership is the focus of this decade of your life. Learn about the strategies for acquiring and paying for the largest asset you may ever acquire. This is the time when many people start their families and the children's education planning becomes important.
- In your Forties Reducing debt and planning for retirement while supporting expensive children is a challenge for most people in this age group.
- In your Fifties Find out the strategies for dealing with the empty nest as your children leave home. Learn how to decide if early retirement is for you. Dealing with your parents needs for increased care is also a challenge faced by this age group.
- In your Sixties Finally it is party time. Explore the options for taking Canada Pension Plan. Lifestyle choices will be discussed for this age group. Decisions will be explored about travel and protecting the principal of your retirement assets.
Debi J. Peverill is a unique individual: a Chartered Accountant with a sense of humor. She enjoys helping business owners and managers avoid making financial mistakes, and protecting them from the government and banks. To this end she has written a series of easy-to-read financial books and spends time sharing her wisdom and insights by speaking to groups of business owners and managers.
Debi has founded three business including a public accounting firm, Peverill & Associates , in 1988 after spending ten years with national accounting firms. In 1998, she founded SBR Communications Inc., the vehicle for her speaking and publishing interests. In 2013, Painless Financial Training Group Inc. was created to offer people financial information they need to know to stay out of trouble and make more money.
She is an accomplished trainer. Debi teaches financial management courses in the Executive and Professional Development program, the Diploma in Management program, and the Executive Masters of Business Administration program at Saint Mary's University in Halifax, NS.