Learn To Tell Jokes In English And Improve Your Speaking
- 43 mins on-demand video
- 12 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Boost (boost = "push up") your confidence when people laugh at your English jokes.
Understand other people's jokes in English.
Make more friends because everybody likes funny people.
- Speak, listen, read and write in English better.
- Use a clever piece of technology on the Udemy website to help improve your listening (and you can use this technique on ANY Udemy course!).
- Remember and use English vocabulary better.
- Use your voice, body language, gestures and facial expressions to make your English more natural.
- Use the storytelling skills you have learnt to make your own stories interesting and funny.
- Avoid (avoid = "not have") problems because you will know what kind of jokes are OK and which are not OK.
- Your English should be a minimum of Intermediate level (but I have done this with Beginners who told jokes better than Advanced students!).
- There will be lots of explanations and examples to help you and don’t forget Udemy offers a 30 Day money back guarantee so, if the course is too difficult, you can get your money back!
- Optional: to get the most from the course you should have a Youtube account and a camera (quality not important - smartphone OK) because I will be giving feedback and improvement tips to students who want to make videos of themselves telling jokes.
This course is for students and teachers of English who want to improve their language skills, boost their confidence and have FUN! And if you feel your English studies have become too boring this is a great way to help you enjoy your lessons again.
The course explains the structure of the different types of English jokes and how they work.
The videos give a full explanation of all the vocabulary used in the jokes with the help of lots of pictures and text.
We practise telling jokes with the help of different materials including videos, downloadable PDFs and MP3 audio files.
For teachers of English this is a fantastic resource to help you make your own lessons more fun.
To go through all the material in the course will take you about 2 or 3 hours, but you should keep practising your joketelling for 15 minutes a day to get the most benefit from this course.
- This course is for students of English who want to improve their communication skills (and have FUN!).
- If you want to get a better job, this course will improve your social skills and make you more confident.
- If you're bored of studying, this fun course is perfect to make you fall in love with English again.
- For teachers of English this is a fantastic resource to help you make your own lessons more fun.
- You shouldn't take this course if you love grammar and hate speaking :-)
Welcome to this course on English Jokes. Let's see what you will learn by the end of the course.
We we will learn how a twist in the tail makes a joke funny. Activity: practise telling a joke about a student who hates going to school.
We we will learn how using exaggerated stereotypes makes a joke funny. Activity: choose the correct punchline then practise telling a joke about golf players.