English Grammar : The Four Past Tenses
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 18 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Identify the 4 English past tenses
Form each of the past tenses correctly
Understand when to use each past tense appropriately
- Use common irregular verbs correctly in the past tense
- Students will need at least a beginner knowledge of English before taking the course.
Welcome to English Grammar: The Four Past Tenses.
This is course that takes you step-by-step through the past tenses of English.
You will learn:
- How to identify each past tense in English
- How to form the tense
- The differences between North American English and British English when forming verbs in the past tenses
- When to use each past tense (and when to avoid certain tenses)
- How to choose between two tenses in the past
- How to write sentences in the negative using this tense
- How to write questions correctly
- the common irregular verbs in English
Who should take this course?
- Your first language is not English, but you have a high beginner or intermediate level of the language
- You could also be a native English speaker who wants to improve your knowledge of grammar
- You are a student who is ready to do the exercises provided in the course
The course contains:
- a pretest so that you will see where you need to practice
- video lessons where each tense is demonstrated
- a variety of exercises where you can practice what has been taught
- review activities for each section
- a final activity so you can measure your progress
Last updated: December 2017
- Any student who is learning English as an additional language and who already knows the basics.
- Anyone who wants a better understanding of English grammar.